CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

ABC - "visit workshop" on first start sometimes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL 600 2003
ABC - "visit workshop" on first start sometimes

Hi,

when battery was weak in end of December I did jump start. After that I sometimes see ESP error after start, but it works. What is worse, ABC red error "visit workshop" show up some seconds after start and ABC is locked, I cannot change height of the car. Problem occurse randomly, but only once at first start, probability is when I am somewhere from home. When I start car second time, it is great everytime. I read that EIS can cause this. Have anyone experience with that? Change EIS is very costly, dealer told me today that when I want change EIS.then they must change shifter and ECU too. But I read that some dealers can reprogramme EIS, is that truth for W215? Thanks very much for answers. That problem with ABC is annoying and sometimes it can be embarrassing when I am starting car two times.

And for your info: my engine stop worked, my mate who was driver told me that the steering wheel is somewhat difficult to turn, I realized that something was wrong and I read errors right away, engine - display malfunction, SBS, ESP, engine light. Problem wasn't with EIS as I expected, but the battery in the siren was shorted. Take it that we can be happy that we just needed a little turn and we were alone, no car was going anywhere. I got a new siren and my car beeps when I lock or unlock. So my battery problems were caused by the battery in the used siren after repair when my siren stopped working.