CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

2007 CL600 (w216) not starting.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 09:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 CL600
Exclamation 2007 CL600 (w216) not starting.....

Hi All,

Great community, glad to be a part of it! I did search the forums so forgive me if something like this has been posted.

Due to COVID- I haven't been driving much at all (yep, I know my fault). I basically move it once a week for trash day and drive it around a bit.

Today, started up just fine. Gassed up, then went to make one more stop to see a buddy.

This time, all the lights came up and the car was verrry slow to start; as in just barely. But it started.

I drove around for a good 40 minutes to keep the engine on, and hopefully recharge the battery.

10 hours later, car won't start. This time, no lights come on.

Before I call AAA (which I doubt has the right battery for this car anyway) does anyone have a good idea on how best to move forward?

I have a great MB shop (not dealer) nearby where all service was performed by prior owner.

I'm thinking AAA to start it, drive it to my shop and get an eval done on battery life, fuses, etc. It was driving like a gem for 8 months straight, I don't think it's an electrical issue (hope not) although I did buy a warranty from Circle that will hopefully kick in.

Any advice/ideas appreciated!!!

Thank you!
Old 04-25-2020, 03:20 AM

Received 795 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
Originally Posted by paxkine111
Hi All,

Great community, glad to be a part of it! I did search the forums so forgive me if something like this has been posted.

Due to COVID- I haven't been driving much at all (yep, I know my fault). I basically move it once a week for trash day and drive it around a bit.

Today, started up just fine. Gassed up, then went to make one more stop to see a buddy.

This time, all the lights came up and the car was verrry slow to start; as in just barely. But it started.

I drove around for a good 40 minutes to keep the engine on, and hopefully recharge the battery.

10 hours later, car won't start. This time, no lights come on.

Before I call AAA (which I doubt has the right battery for this car anyway) does anyone have a good idea on how best to move forward?

I have a great MB shop (not dealer) nearby where all service was performed by prior owner.

I'm thinking AAA to start it, drive it to my shop and get an eval done on battery life, fuses, etc. It was driving like a gem for 8 months straight, I don't think it's an electrical issue (hope not) although I did buy a warranty from Circle that will hopefully kick in.

Any advice/ideas appreciated!!!

Thank you!
If your battery is 5+ yo, start changing the battery
this can also happen earlier with bad brand batteries and cars standing for weeks

Voltage leaks are very commun on these cars and leaks are difficult to find

cause is variable but mostly always a Module/device not going to sleep mode after car shut down

Trunk DVD player is number one cause
front seats modules number 2
Command number 3