CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Batteries died & Passenger Seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL65 AMG
Batteries died & Passenger Seat

Good morning!
I'm hoping to get pointed in the right direction here. 2005 SL65 AMG. Both batteries died over the winter and they've since been replaced with new and tested out fine. Almost everything in the auto didn't function at first. For example, the instrumentation panel wasn't illuminated and the same for the gauges, seats didn't work and top didn't come down. After driving it for a bit everything came back to normal (I think) except for the passenger side seat adjustments. In looking at the fuse panel schematics, I see a fuse for the seat adjustment, Left (which works fine) and for the seat adjustment control unit. Is there not a fuse for the right seat?

Thanks in advance as I'm new to MB.
Marty
Old 06-09-2020, 07:45 PM

Received 795 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
Originally Posted by MartyNelsonJr
Good morning!
I'm hoping to get pointed in the right direction here. 2005 SL65 AMG. Both batteries died over the winter and they've since been replaced with new and tested out fine. Almost everything in the auto didn't function at first. For example, the instrumentation panel wasn't illuminated and the same for the gauges, seats didn't work and top didn't come down. After driving it for a bit everything came back to normal (I think) except for the passenger side seat adjustments. In looking at the fuse panel schematics, I see a fuse for the seat adjustment, Left (which works fine) and for the seat adjustment control unit. Is there not a fuse for the right seat?

Thanks in advance as I'm new to MB.
Marty
first try to disconnect both batteries then wait 10 min reconnect front then back
see if seat came back