CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Engine wiring harness issues...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 55 AMG , 14 GL 350 Bluetec ( Sold)12 ML 350 Bluetec 2007 S65 AMG , 2008 CL63 AMG
Engine wiring harness issues...

Hi guys.
I just recently added a 2008 Cl63 to my garage. It’s an a Amazing car and I’m very happy with it. I have to stop and think every day if I wanna drive my S65 or this CL63. Both cars are great but I was able to make the 63 sound awesome which I can’t with the 65.
Anyways let’s get to my problem.
i had the car at the shop last week for a nasty oil leak and they have replaced the valve cover gaskets and the intake manifold got re- sealed.
oil leak gone , engine was cleaned ready to enjoy.
after an hour of me picking it up I’ve got a CEL and a really bad misfire on it. So I’ve got it towed back to the shop.
they scanned it and found multiple cylinder misfire , due to shorts in electrical system. Just random codes.
they took the manifold back off and opened up the harness that runs there and found a whole bunch of wires that where falling apart as you touched it. So now they telling me I need a harness. Is that a normal issue with these engines so should I reach deep in my pocket and buy new. Or you guys think I can get away with a used harness off eBay? Or a wrecker?
id appreciate any input. Thanks guys.