CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Battery warning...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 02:54 AM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
CL55
Battery warning...

Hello guys, I was driving back home and as I roll my windows up I notice they are extremely slow, so I plug in my bluetooth obd scanner and use the torque pro app to see the voltage I see its reading 10.4-10.3 which is pretty low anyways after a bit it went down to 9.8 and I got the warning on the dash.

I turned my lights and ac off to try and save power. The car got home but as soon as I turned it off it did not turn on, I hooked up a battery charger and after a couple mins started back up.

I think it could be the alternator but I have been reading about a part in the passenger foot well that could also cause this to happen?

My friend had a similar problem on his cl500, he changed the alternator and still acted up. He says its the starter but that does not make any sense.

If anyone could help me out plz thanks.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:53 PM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
CL55
Checked all those fuses visually and with a multi meter, They are good. I charged the battery and went for a drive saw 13.6 then down to 11.9, once I stopped opened hood and smelled burnt rubber right on top of alternator... I think we found the problem.