CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

04 s55 AMG transmission fluid change good or bad thing? Posted on wrong section sorry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2023, 06:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 s55 amg
04 s55 AMG transmission fluid change good or bad thing? Posted on wrong section sorry

posted in wrong section don’t know how to delete sorry

Recently bought 04 s55 and I don’t know the history of the fluid changes. I reached out for advice, received great feedback and order the parts and fluids recommended. Right before getting started a couple buddies who both claim to be car guys, strongly suggested against doing a transmission fluid change on my car especially being over 100k miles. Said some things like, new fluid can mess things up, if it’s not broke don’t fix it.

Sitting here with ATF fluid kit and the air adapter to flush. Supercharger oil and syringe to change. New Transmission mount, and a crankshaft position sensor.

Also have the Bosch 010 pump that’s going on later today or tomorrow, along with an oil and filter change.

New crank pulley ordered and shipped they sent the wrong part first, some bmw high pressure fuel injector lol

Reminder currently nothing is broken and everything runs great, this is all preventative steps looking for more advice, specifically involving changing the atf fluid and then experiencing problems if that’s a thing on these

Last edited by zswinkgolf; 10-21-2023 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Wrong section
Old 10-22-2023, 10:20 AM

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts
2013 CL 63, 2002 E 55, 04 Jaguar XJ8, 66 Jaguar XKE
Usually when I buy a used car past 25k miles or so I change all the oils. Engine, transmission, differential, coolant, anything I can think of. Now I know that the oils are good and I can timeline the next services.
I cannot see why changing oil would be "bad" for a component. It is not like the dirt in the broken down oil is holding something together. Anyway, two cents. Good luck with the purchase.