CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

looking at some wheela for my 05 CL65

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2024, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65
looking at some wheels for my 05 CL65

Hi,

I've had my '65 about 3 years now (just sent off to the long winters nap as we got 18" of snow today) - I recently came across some interesting looking Brabus rims (staggered 19's) and was wondering if they would fit my CL - the owner seems to know very little (except that they have been in storage for many years, are Brabus, and the pattern dimension - 5 x 112), not sure of the offset, or the center hole diameter, or if these would be compatible with the CL (tending to think not) - he mentions that there are already spacers on these wheels, so need to sort that out as well... So, just curious if these looked familiar to anyone, or if you all had any opinions on these.

One of a set of 4, 2 have light curb rash, which is another challenge when considering these...
.. Thanks.

Last edited by BostonKevinO; 01-09-2024 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-07-2024, 11:26 PM

CL65
Also - if anyone is replying, opinions on what a set of 4 of these is worth? Thanks.
Old 01-09-2024, 03:32 PM

Received 94 Likes on 70 Posts
2002 CLK55 AMG: 2004 S55 AMG
You should have no issues fitting those wheels on a CL.

I believe once you start getting into 20-22" is where you have to start being careful as far as offset and tire size/width. (someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

As far as the curb rash, you should be able to find a shop local that can refinish them. Talk to a local body shop on who they source for their wheel repairs, and you'll get a lot of good info from them.

I had a set of 17" Monoblocks for my CLK55 repaired for around $650 for all 4.

How are the tires on the rims? Factor that into the price as well. If you can get another few thousand miles out of the tires, leave them on and put them on the car. You can then drive them around for bit and see how you like them and how they feel. Worse case scenario you can pull them back off and resell them. They're Brabus wheels so you will find someone interested as long as you're not overplaying for them at first.

In my opinion (not knowing if that particular rim style for Brabus is more or less rare then the next set) i would price them anywhere between $1200-1500 with the tires.

Hope that helps

- Joe
The following users liked this post:
BostonKevinO (01-31-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 01:40 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by PHILLYCLSJOE
You should have no issues fitting those wheels on a CL.

I believe once you start getting into 20-22" is where you have to start being careful as far as offset and tire size/width. (someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

As far as the curb rash, you should be able to find a shop local that can refinish them. Talk to a local body shop on who they source for their wheel repairs, and you'll get a lot of good info from them.

I had a set of 17" Monoblocks for my CLK55 repaired for around $650 for all 4.

How are the tires on the rims? Factor that into the price as well. If you can get another few thousand miles out of the tires, leave them on and put them on the car. You can then drive them around for bit and see how you like them and how they feel. Worse case scenario you can pull them back off and resell them. They're Brabus wheels so you will find someone interested as long as you're not overplaying for them at first.

In my opinion (not knowing if that particular rim style for Brabus is more or less rare then the next set) i would price them anywhere between $1200-1500 with the tires.

Hope that helps

- Joe

Joe,

Thanks - the tires on these are ancient (15+ years), I wouldn't trust them on my CL65, so just interested in the wheels... I currently have a nice set of 2-piece Chromadora's (original to the car), but they do need some TLC - So I'm torn between getting these or just investing the money into making the Chromadora's as nice as possible...

I'll see if the seller has room in his asking price, I'm likely not goin' hogher than $1K - likely he'll want more than that (what I'd be willing to put into these 'as-is')...

Thanks again, -kjo

Old 01-18-2024, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 252 Likes on 231 Posts
'99 CLK/05 E500 WAG
I dont own a CL, but I wouldnt put those on my CL at all. Get the OEMs cleaned up, and sport those besides they still will turn heads. Just my opinion.GL
R,
2Merks