CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Coilover conversion checklist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 02:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
1993 Lexus SC400
Coilover conversion checklist

The 06 CL55 has been giving me too many ABC warning lights on the dash flashing over bumps in the entire 3.5 years I've had it, and the last few months of occasional driving has been many many instances of the ABC Warning light just staying on, and 1 where it said car too low, but immediately pumped itself back up. I can't justify rebuilt valve blocks and new accumulators and fluid and being out a little over $2000 on just parts, assuming I can find a shop up here that'll even touch the ABC and God only knows what the labor would be.

I have been eye'ing the Ceika coilovers, as a guy highly recommended them for when I was considering buying my parent's dead-ABC SL500 and converting it. Anyways, he highly recommended them and they look pretty nice to me.

Aside from me buying the coilovers, and then getting the non-ABC power steering pump, reservoir, and proper return line from Kent Bergsma at Mercedes Source, does anyone have the part number to get the proper lower control arms from the S-class that have the attachment for the sway bar end links? I can find a used sway bar from the early 00s cars and buy some new end links, I just want to make sure I order the proper lower control arm.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations on parts or suppliers to purchase from with a good price or if there's anything I left out of my little list-o-parts I need, feel free to suggest them.
The following users liked this post:
dgi (01-28-2024)