CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

No Pedal Response Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2024, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK 55 Coupe, 2003 CL 55 AMG
No Pedal Response Issue

Hello all,

I've been having issues with my 2003 CL 55 regarding the accelerator pedal. When I press the pedal down (even to full throttle) I get virtually no response from the car. This problem is also throwing a CEL and after scanning the car for codes it says that one of the accelerator pedal voltage channels is stuck at 5 volts with the other channel acting normally. I have swapped out the pedal with 1 other used unit and 2 other brand-new units (Genuine Mercedes). All provide the same result. I have also created a pigtail that connects the pedal directly to the ECU and still get the same results. I have so far come to the conclusion that the accelerator pedal and the wiring are not faulty. The car also came with a sort of throttle commander that was disconnected. After reconnecting it and setting it up, the pedal started working normally and the car actually had throttle response. Unfortunately, I fried the throttle commander in testing by failing to rewire its power and ground so that's now out of the question. Now I'm back to square one trying to figure out what the root cause of the issue is. I suspect that it has something to do with how the accelerator pedal input is mapped in the ECU. Does anybody have an idea?