CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Remus exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSX
Remus exhaust

Has anyone here installed or had any experience with Remus exhausts? I am thinking of getting one for my '02 CL600. They seem to be a lot less money than the others, but look very well built. I think MB muffled the 600 engine a little too much.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I don't drive the same model mercedes you do but....

Originally Posted by AMG2GO
Has anyone here installed or had any experience with Remus exhausts? I am thinking of getting one for my '02 CL600. They seem to be a lot less money than the others, but look very well built. I think MB muffled the 600 engine a little too much.
I drive an 01' S500 and when I first bought it, I purchased a Remus quad tip cat back set up, and yes the build quality is extremely sturdy and well constructed, excellent welds BUT the exhaust note at least on my application was horrible!! Basically RICER!! all the way and very intrusive into the cabin during even light acceleration I hated it and sold the damn set-up and bought the real oem cat back AMG quad tipped system from my local Mercedes Stealership It's awesome!! I would steer clear of Remus and as far as them "Being less money than the others" I guess in this case as in many others "Cheaper products are a lot of times crap" you get what you pay for.... I've never heard a Remus system that was installed on a 02'CL600 maybe on your 12 cylinder application it might sound better but I doubt it....Good luck
Old 01-26-2005, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSX
Thanks for the feedback. Its strange becauase a friend used to have the older body style SL with Remus and it sounded great. I guess you can never tell... with any of them really.