CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Keyless go + Parktronic Retro Fit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modded CL65
Keyless go + Parktronic Retro Fit

One of the things thats has killed me ever since I got my CL65 was not having Keyless go!! Every other benz ive had has had it and even my wifes car has it on her clk55 so it was insult to injurt that it wasn't equipt. So after doing some research on different forums and the internet couldn't find anyone that had done or at least documented the retrofit. I spent a few hours going through wiring diagrams and decided to make it happen. Took me about 2 months of gathering both new and used parts to complete the keyless go kit. Well this past weekend I put it all in, not easy as I knew it wouldn't be... For people who are curious here are all the parts I needed
-Keyless Go Harness
-Trunk Lid Harness
-Rear Bumper Ant.
-Two Rear antennas in the sides of the trunk
-Keyless Go Module
-Two rear antennas that go by with rear side side panels
-Two Front door antennas
-Keyless go shifter
-Keyless go shift knob
-Both front door keyless go latches
-Trunk latch
-Trunk switch with both power trunk lock button
-Upper keyless go release handle
-Keyless go door handles
-Coding of modules
-Hardest part was getting my parts guy at the dealer to be able to order me a keyless go key for my non keyless go vin vehicle
-18 hours to gut car and install

Listen I knew it wasn't cost effective but I wanted a white cl65 when I bought mine which was hard enough to accomplish and when I did it didnt have the options I wanted so I decided to do it. Also i felt that it is not a common retrofit at all and want to do it for that reason. Anyways viola it all works as it should no glitches and no problems. I will post some pictures my digital camera unforunatly erased all the pictures I have of the car gutted out and all the parts layed out to be installed but I will get some of it all up and working. You can use a used shifter dismantle yours and take the module out and install in the keyless go shifter which has the contacts for the knob and spot for the wiring harness. Also EIS works fine no need to change out.

Also easy retrofit while I had the car torn down was parktronic, added harness and wiring throughout car added indications on dash and in rear dome light. Needed the module, impact strips, sensors, harness, and coding and was working perfect.

Last edited by Malones Perf.; 11-07-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
wow thats pretty crazy ahah. How much did it run you just wondering?
Old 11-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
Originally Posted by Malones Perf.
One of the things thats has killed me ever since I got my CL65 was not having Keyless go!! Every other benz ive had has had it and even my wifes car has it on her clk55 so it was insult to injurt that it wasn't equipt. So after doing some research on different forums and the internet couldn't find anyone that had done or at least documented the retrofit. I spent a few hours going through wiring diagrams and decided to make it happen. Took me about 2 months of gathering both new and used parts to complete the keyless go kit. Well this past weekend I put it all in, not easy as I knew it wouldn't be... For people who are curious here are all the parts I needed
-Keyless Go Harness
-Trunk Lid Harness
-Rear Bumper Ant.
-Two Rear antennas in the sides of the trunk
-Keyless Go Module
-Two rear antennas that go by with rear side side panels
-Two Front door antennas
-Keyless go shifter
-Keyless go shift knob
-Both front door keyless go latches
-Trunk latch
-Trunk switch with both power trunk lock button
-Upper keyless go release handle
-Keyless go door handles
-Coding of modules
-Hardest part was getting my parts guy at the dealer to be able to order me a keyless go key for my non keyless go vin vehicle
-18 hours to gut car and install

Listen I knew it wasn't cost effective but I wanted a white cl65 when I bought mine which was hard enough to accomplish and when I did it didnt have the options I wanted so I decided to do it. Also i felt that it is not a common retrofit at all and want to do it for that reason. Anyways viola it all works as it should no glitches and no problems. I will post some pictures my digital camera unforunatly erased all the pictures I have of the car gutted out and all the parts layed out to be installed but I will get some of it all up and working. You can use a used shifter dismantle yours and take the module out and install in the keyless go shifter which has the contacts for the knob and spot for the wiring harness. Also EIS works fine no need to change out.

Also easy retrofit while I had the car torn down was parktronic, added harness and wiring throughout car added indications on dash and in rear dome light. Needed the module, impact strips, sensors, harness, and coding and was working perfect.
Kudos, good job
White CL65 Awesome
Now if only someone could upgrade the W215 Distronic to the new Distronic Plus
Old 11-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Banned

Modded CL65
Thanks guys, ill get some pics up here soon. And cost's vary I have really a low amount into compared to what it would cost for all new parts I probably in reality only have 1500, but the reason I said not cost effective is because I lucked out found a local salvage yard and basically gave them 800 for all I needed from the inside and had to buy door handles, key, and trunk lid harness only.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:17 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 S63
Excellent!
I have the KeylessGo card system in my 2003 S55 and would love to upgrade to the newer keylessGo key system. I assume I would have to compare the part numbers between a 2003 and 2004 right? Anyone have any information to share on this upgrade?
Old 11-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Banned

Modded CL65
[QUOTE=jnash;4909248]Excellent!
I have the KeylessGo card system in my 2003 S55 and would love to upgrade to the newer keylessGo key system. I assume I would have to compare the part numbers between a 2003 and 2004 right? Anyone have any information to share on this upgrade?[/QUOTE

You will need new key, eis, and keyless go module
Old 11-09-2011, 07:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w215 cl65, W212 E63, R53 Mini Cooper JCW, E92 328I
wow nice set up i always wanted to know if there was a way to convert to keyless go.. if there was a part number list for all the parts needed to convert that would be so helpfull, becuase i could be interested in converting my car to keyless also
Old 11-10-2011, 05:53 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 S63
I was inquiring with my local MB parts dealer and he told me that in order to buy a new EIS module for any reason from them, MB USA insists that they install and program. They would not just sell me a EIS unit without the install - assume for car security reasons?
Anyway that would add to the cost of the upgrade. - just FYI
I know it sounds like "the dealer would say that" but actually I have trust so far in what they have ever told me to date. so its possibly true. You may want to check.

By the way, I also learned that if you are replacing a EIS without upgrading to keyless go, you can use your existing keys - you do not have to buy new ones. Part of the programming is to assign the old keys to the replacement EIS. I assume this could be performed in STAR but again the dealership insisted they would have to have the new EIS learn the old keys.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CL600, E30 325i Previous ride CL55 2004
Wow, lots of parts.

Good job.

Would hate not having a keyless go.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:36 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
Hey wanted to drag this thread up from the dead, any more documentation about this being done? Seems there's a bunch of really great CL65s and S65s without KG for sale all the time and would love to buy one and then retrofit.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:30 AM

Mercedes S320 CDi and Jaguar X-type 2.0SE
Hi I am sorry to drag this thread back up but I am considering a retro-fit of Keyless go myself. I usually frequent the UK version of this site and my project thread is here:

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/sh...d.php?t=140241

I am thinking I can source all the parts but I am curious about the coding. Would I need to go to a dealer or can my indie who have Star carry this out?

Also could I carry out the install and miss out the trunk button and rear passenger door buttons? My partner has the keyless go and we only ever use the buttons on the front handles on hers.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!