CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Just bought a Eurocharged stage 2 kit. Any tips or tricks for smoothest install???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
ABC fluid level is within normal acceptable range but I want to sort these leaks out asap...

On a positive note, I did get the alternator out and ready for rebuild, intercooler pump installed, and lowering links installed. Lol This car is a little more complicated to work on than my E46 m3 but not too bad.

Tomorrow I am going to try installing the supercharger pulley, eurocharged heat exchanger and do a oil change.

Not sure I want to attempt the headers and motors mounts. I am feeling a little intimidated, seems like a tight squeeze to get in and loosen up those headers. Also I'm a little scared that some of the exhaust bolts may be seized and I would get stuck halfway through the job.

I have lots of tools at my disposal but I'm not sure....

What do you guys think? Should I attempt the headers and mounts or leave it to a muffler shop or my mechanic?

How long do the headers typically take on the cl55's or is there nothing typical about it lol?
Old 03-31-2014, 11:44 AM

2003 CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by shardul
the 3 flat rings are called shims. they are used to space the sc pulley. the clearance should be .35mm to .65mm
I installed the supercharger pulley but when I removed the large bolt that holds the pulley 2 broken "pins" fell out. Looks like they broke in half, the other half of each of the 2 pins are inside the shaft thing. The pins go into the large washer just ahead of the supercharger pulley bolt as well. Is it ok to run the pulley without these pins?
Attached Thumbnails Just bought a Eurocharged stage 2 kit. Any tips or tricks for smoothest install???-imag0135-1-.jpg   Just bought a Eurocharged stage 2 kit. Any tips or tricks for smoothest install???-imag0136-1-.jpg  
Old 05-11-2014, 08:58 PM

2003 CL55 AMG
Figured out the minor leaks.

Back on topic.

So I installed the smaller sc pulley,EC heatexchanger, new intercooler pump, k&n filters and got the box tune from eurocharged. THIS CAR IS AMAZINGLY FAST NOW. IT FEELS LIKE A BEAST. No dynos yet but it feels different now, just a big surge of power when the superchager kicks in. THANKS EUROCHARGED!

I cant wait to install the kleeman headers now....I'm going to leave this job to a muffler shop. Everything else was fairly easy to install. The heat exchanger required modifying the bumper slightly. I think this was the hardest part to install.

Also a big thanks to everyone that pitched in their knowledge in this tread so far!

Last edited by calgarycl55amg; 05-11-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:14 PM

2003 CL55 AMG
What kind of intake air temperatures are you guys seeing while cruising with the eurocharged heat exchanger? It was 10 degrees C outside today and after cruising and the engine getting to operating temp I saw an average of 10 degrees C higher intake temperatures (20-22 degrees AIT). My AIT's are about 10-12 degrees higher than ambient temps.

Is this normal?
Old 09-16-2014, 12:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
C215 CL55 AMG, W124 500E, W210 E430, W124 300E
Nice input here.
So what was the issue with the leaks? Can you go more into detail? Thanks :-)
Old 09-16-2014, 01:54 PM

2003 CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Crissus
Nice input here.
So what was the issue with the leaks? Can you go more into detail? Thanks :-)
Actually I have been been under my CL55 many more times after that post. I don't think it had any leaks. Just some sweating at the connections.

Word of advise: DO NOT lift these ABC equipped cars on a hoist while the car is still running, it causes the fluid in the ABC reservoir to boil over or overflow. I learned this while I was installing my lowering links. I think that's where some of that fluid in the pics was from.

I am additcted to this Benz now. The headers, smaller SC pulley and tune ttransformed this thing into a gentle Beast. Love the sound it makes when you get on the gas now, just beautiful. I went from an e46 m3 to this Big Benz and I have fallen in love. So much so that I have two w215 CL's now. The other one is black on black CL500 and it might become my parts car for my 55 amg. Will post pics at some point.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2014, 02:07 PM

2003 CL55 AMG
Oh and by the way, I ended up installing the headers myself with help from a friend. It took us 12+ hours and we had never installed headers before. I changed the motor mounts, transmission mounts, spark plugs and headers in the 12 hours. Mounts were very easy once the OEM headers were out of the way, anyone can do them. The spark plugs are easy too just a lot of them. The headers were a little pain in the *** and it REALLY helps if you have a gear wrench.

One other thing I should add, the Kleeman headers I installed rub on my steering shaft on left handed heavy throttle turns. Its not too bad but you can hear it if you smash the paddle while turning left. Gonna find a solutionto this this winter but it doesn't bother me that much.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:28 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
2006 CL55 AMG
Kleeman headers, etc.

Going to pull trigger on either Eurocharged stage 1 or 2.
1. Do the Kleeman headers make too much noise? Don't want to touch exhaust but will if the headers maintain acceptable noise levels.
2. Can your CL take out a 565 hp Caddilac CTS V? A wagon version has been egging me on and I understand before hand I'd need 50+ more hp/trq.
Appreciate your experience and wisdom.
Happy Holidays

-Seth