CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

CL55 dropping overnight, Valve?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 07:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL55 AMG
CL55 dropping overnight, Valve?

Hello all.

I've searched (extensively) and pretty sure it's my valve blocks..

My car has started to drop when parked . Started off with now and then but now drops whenever its parked. Both fronts drop, the rear looks ok.
When started, I sometimes get the red ABC car too low warning on the dash. Always raises and lowers when the button is pressed. When lowered, it lowers to normal ride height and I can drive no problems.
My question is, am I right in thinking the valve blocks need refurbing / seals? Also do I need to change the accumulators too??

If so, is it really a DIY? I'm pretty handy with car stuff and service / brake pads etc myself.

My biggest worry is taking the getting block off. Will it not p1ss fluid everywhere?

Also, anyone in or near London done this DIY themselves able to give me some tips or now anyone/garage that can do the repair for me??
I've sourced the seals - 100 quid for front and back - I might as well change both while I'm at it.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 546 Likes on 363 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone

Interesting comment for this video is someone who worked at a dealer and noticed that most issues with ABC are caused by dirty fluid.