CLA 35 AMG (C118) 2019 to present

Clutch slipping on takeoff

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 08:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 4Matic W205
Clutch slipping on takeoff

I've got a 2020 A35 sedan, and on takeoff from a stop it feel like the car is slipping the clutch for almost a full second before clicking into 1st and actually giving me power. If I use race start it picks up just fine. Anybody else have this issue and talk to a dealer?
Old 02-15-2022, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A35 AMG
Originally Posted by Skuzeeii
I've got a 2020 A35 sedan, and on takeoff from a stop it feel like the car is slipping the clutch for almost a full second before clicking into 1st and actually giving me power. If I use race start it picks up just fine. Anybody else have this issue and talk to a dealer?
Were you able to find any fix? I have been experiencing the same issue, but I think it could be just that the tires are cold. Also my a35 recently has been acting strange to say the least, it just got serviced too.
Old 02-16-2022, 09:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 4Matic W205
Originally Posted by AMGA35
Were you able to find any fix? I have been experiencing the same issue, but I think it could be just that the tires are cold. Also my a35 recently has been acting strange to say the least, it just got serviced too.
I was able to basically get used to it. If you push the throttle far enough it will takeoff like a rocket, but the point to which you have to push is further than I expected and you either get 0 power or 100% power. Using reduced power mode helps it go through traffic more slowly, but I ended up pretty much always gunning it. More fun this way anyways.
Old 03-01-2022, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A35 AMG
Originally Posted by Skuzeeii
I was able to basically get used to it. If you push the throttle far enough it will takeoff like a rocket, but the point to which you have to push is further than I expected and you either get 0 power or 100% power. Using reduced power mode helps it go through traffic more slowly, but I ended up pretty much always gunning it. More fun this way anyways.
Fair enough, thank you!