What is the stock boost PSI on CLA35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA35
What is the stock boost PSI on CLA35

Hello everyone,
Just got an AMG CLA35 and trying to figure out what the stock boost is on these cars. Thanks
Old 07-30-2021, 07:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2022 AMG CLA 35
2019 AMG Whitepaper on the C118 generation introduction provides some insight.

"A twin-scroll turbocharger is used for turbocharging. It combines optimum responsiveness at low engine speeds with a strong power increase at higher speeds. The housing of the twin-scroll turbocharger is divided into two parallel ducts. Together with two separate exhaust ducts in the exhaust manifold, this makes it possible to channel the exhaust gases separately on the turbine wheel. This results in a further advantage of twin-scroll technology, i.e. minimization of the mutually adverse effects of the individual cylinders on the gas cycle.The exhaust gas back-pressure is reduced and gas exchange and engine efficiency are improved."

I have also viewed several videos that explain that the amazing turbocharger performance is, in part, due to the effectiveness of the water-charged inter-cooler and the AMG tweaked control software. The result is 26 - 31.5 PSI boost depending on fuel and temperature. The CLA 45 turbo adds roller bearings to spin-up faster and with higher boost at somewhat lower engine RPM. Hot stuff, I doubt the usual chip/tune kits can improve boost, and may actually degrade performance and reliability.