CLA 35 AMG (C118) 2019 to present

Burmester or Advanced Sound System?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 35 AMG
Exclamation Burmester or Advanced Sound System?

Hi there,

I just bought a CLA 35 AMG 2022. The spec sheet say that my car has the Advanced Sound System, but the 4 speakers on the doors have the burmester logo on it.

My question is, do I have a Burmester sound system or just the advanced? the tweeters doesn´t come with the logo, just the door speakers (4 in total)

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2022, 01:25 PM

cla 200
that doesnt look like burmester package. the burmester package has silver grills, you might have the advanced, check if you have a sub and amp under the boot floor if you do you have tha advanced.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:32 PM

CLA 35 AMG
Yes, spec sheet says it is the Advanced Sound. My question is why does it has the burmester logo on it? Does Burmester also fabricates the Advanced Sound system?
Old 10-05-2022, 01:42 PM

cla 200
not sure if you burmester make them, but theyre horrible! sound quality is absolute trash, im trying to figure out how to add aftermarket amp and sub and will be replacing the door speakers with some audisons. looks like using a LOC is the way forward. still trying to determine on wether to go before or after the factory amp, looks like id have to go before as i cant see anything coming out of the amp. if anyone reading this has any ideas, please HELP!
Old 10-07-2022, 01:47 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Merc
Originally Posted by Fzfcenke07
not sure if you burmester make them, but theyre horrible! sound quality is absolute trash, im trying to figure out how to add aftermarket amp and sub and will be replacing the door speakers with some audisons. looks like using a LOC is the way forward. still trying to determine on wether to go before or after the factory amp, looks like id have to go before as i cant see anything coming out of the amp. if anyone reading this has any ideas, please HELP!
I added a compact sub to my CLA45 Burmester system and it made a big difference in adding the missing bass to the stereo. But the overall volume of the stereo is still weak. I'm fine with the stereo now that I can actually FEEL THE BASS... but I wish I didn't have to crank the volume so high to enjoy music. If you really want to transform the system like it sounds like you do... I would think you'd need to replace the amp and everything. But adding a sub alone still makes a HUGE difference to the system in itself and is relatively easy to install.
Old 10-07-2022, 01:48 AM

Merc
Originally Posted by mau2494
Yes, spec sheet says it is the Advanced Sound. My question is why does it has the burmester logo on it? Does Burmester also fabricates the Advanced Sound system?
What do the tweeters at the bottom of your A-Pillars look like? Can you take a pic? Does it say the Burmester written out on the tweeter grille? Do you have a subwoofer in the trunk?
Old 10-10-2022, 12:22 PM

cla 200
Originally Posted by crester
I added a compact sub to my CLA45 Burmester system and it made a big difference in adding the missing bass to the stereo. But the overall volume of the stereo is still weak. I'm fine with the stereo now that I can actually FEEL THE BASS... but I wish I didn't have to crank the volume so high to enjoy music. If you really want to transform the system like it sounds like you do... I would think you'd need to replace the amp and everything. But adding a sub alone still makes a HUGE difference to the system in itself and is relatively easy to install.
hey yeah i want to add atleast a sub and maybe an amp. ive got a line converter but am unsure which cables to splice into. ive got a solid blue and solid green and a pink/white and a purple white going into the sub (see pics) im not sure what colours corespond to what? and ideas? have you got a pic of how they wired your one please?!

heres what ive found what ive found in the boot

thanks

Old 10-10-2022, 12:38 PM

Merc
I forgot which is positive and negative but green and grey is one channel... and pink and blue is another channel. I ended up wiring my sub like this... channel 1... positive to grey and negative to green. Then for channel 2... positive to pink and negative to blue.

I placed my aftermarket sub beside the stock one and had to change the phase to 180 degrees. So you may want to reverse the wires I used.

Hope it works for you too!
The following users liked this post:
Fzfcenke07 (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 01:08 PM

cla 200
thanks alot mate ill give it a try tomorrow!!!
Old 11-22-2022, 01:22 AM

2021 CLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by crester
I forgot which is positive and negative but green and grey is one channel... and pink and blue is another channel. I ended up wiring my sub like this... channel 1... positive to grey and negative to green. Then for channel 2... positive to pink and negative to blue.

I placed my aftermarket sub beside the stock one and had to change the phase to 180 degrees. So you may want to reverse the wires I used.

Hope it works for you too!
How did you power the sub? Is it directly connected to the engine bay battery through the firewall?
Old 11-22-2022, 05:36 PM

Merc
Originally Posted by saineelp
How did you power the sub? Is it directly connected to the engine bay battery through the firewall?
I didn't actually goto the engine bay. There's a bigger bolt in the middle of the fuse box that actually brings power from the battery to the fuse box (before it gets split up to all those different fuses). I took power from there and didn't have to bother going thru the firewall.
The following users liked this post:
saineelp (11-22-2022)
Old 01-04-2023, 09:11 AM

cla 200
hey im finally going to try install the sub, one last question i wasnt too sure about. which fuse did you plug into for the remote in? i dont have a voltmetre to hand to check unfortunately. also do you have any pictures what you did? thanks mate
Old 01-12-2023, 01:14 AM

Merc
Originally Posted by Fzfcenke07
hey im finally going to try install the sub, one last question i wasnt too sure about. which fuse did you plug into for the remote in? i dont have a voltmetre to hand to check unfortunately. also do you have any pictures what you did? thanks mate
I can't remember exactly which fuse I connected to but anything switched. I think I use a cigarette lighter fuse.
Old 05-07-2023, 10:55 PM

AMG
Did it work ?
Old 06-21-2024, 04:33 AM

CLA45
Out of curiosity- is anyone know if it's possible to use the Burmese amp on the stock (non-burmester) amp? Like is it plug and play?