CLA 35 AMG (C118) 2019 to present

CLA35 body kit and performance upgrade. Good, better, best?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2023, 03:30 AM
SPONSOR

Received 154 Likes on 87 Posts
W205 W213
CLA35 body kit and performance upgrade. Good, better, best?

Perfection is a very subjective state by which everyone of us sees the world around them. Or maybe it is a temporary feeling, that's why they say it is to be chased..
I got a CLA35 to my shop and the customer was adamant in trying a few CLA45S upgrades, as well as a couple of other performance.
Now I can already see those comments saying you shouldn't put 45s stuff on a 35, and while I do appreciate the sentiment, I also can't stop someone for wanting to extend a little, try something new, or even see how it feels before they decide to go for the more official thing.
Components include parts of a body kit, such as the front bumper, front grille, side skirt, Aerodynamic spoiler, diffuser, etc. The parts are genuine, so there was no concern for fitment or quality to begin with.
In terms of performance, the ride was also equipped with a carbon fiber air intake system, with turbo tube, by Eventuri, and AK's slip-on titanium exhaust system and evolution pipe link.
I covered this in another post, but the positioning of the intake in A-Class and CLA-Class models are unfortunately close to the exhaust manifold. This translates to high temps, and high oxygen loss.
This gets sort of addressed with Eventuri's intake, as the dry carbon fiber material used in their manufacturing process offers an excellent thermal insulation. The Gen2 Air filter pressurizes the gas flow, and the turbo tube makes the air flow smoother. Combustion efficiency at its finest.
The Slip-On Line exhaust is made of titanium alloy, lighter and louder than stock, for a more racey feeling.
We also get Japanese Digi-Tec engineers to handle the ECU remap, to get the best possible gains, because the results have so far been very positive.
Take a look: