CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 03:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 Coupe
I see in the interior pics they are openly advertising that they've gotten the seats from Recaro - goes with the sporting nature and desire to appeal to younger audience familiar with these things. They do look good.

The C63 crowd can probably help here. I don't have any idea even though there is one in my garage. Recaro didn't do the seats for the C63 AMG did they? I'm thinking specifically the sedan here...such a good set of seats.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda d2hi
I heard Mercedes is planning a world wide training program for mercedes amg owners..let's see how far it goes..but mercedes is definitely making a mark on it's existing customers..
Old 04-02-2013, 08:17 AM

2016 E63s AMG
car looks great

I am excitied to get mine. I read all the boards and all the articles on the car. I think it is going to be an exciting little car to drive. It is practical with MPG and it has the power to make you feel like you own an AMG. I am happy with the combination that they are offering at this price point. I feel the interior is real sporty and the exterior has a good design. I saw it at the NYC car show and it looked real good. I pre ordered mine and am looking foward to the fall to drive home in my 45.

There really should be no haters. The car is priced the same as a 335 and has 60 more horses and 32 more lbs t. I owned a 335 and it was fast, this car is going to pull harder and get better MPG........Why hate.. + it will make BMW work harder to make better cars.......It should be an exciting time for all new cars coming out.......Look at the ATS-V, that thing is going to be a beast -420 horses and 400 lbs of T. a lot of nice cars going to be out to compete and that as a consumer is what we all want.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I saw the car in person at the unveiling this past Thursday nite at the NY Auto Show.

...I am massively disappointed I must say; it stinks of cheap materials, the styling is subjective (IMO thumbs down) , too small like a Jap car, and price will not be cheap as they say, unless you want roll up windows and rubber floor mats.

For those of you moved by it tho...enjoy !!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I saw the car this weekend at the AMG Driving Academy at Road America, I sat in the car and spent some time under the hood as well. I must say when I initially read about this car and saw photos I was not too impressed but after seeing the car in person it made a believer out of me. It was larger that I expected and in my opinion the build quality is quite nice. The interior impressed me most, good quality and sporty. I am not sure what some of you people that claim you saw it in person and are saying it appears cheap, I would put the interior up against just about anything south of $90k. I own a lot of expensive vehicles but I would drive this car without thinking twice about it.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:56 AM

2016 E63s AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
I saw the car this weekend at the AMG Driving Academy at Road America, I sat in the car and spent some time under the hood as well. I must say when I initially read about this car and saw photos I was not too impressed but after seeing the car in person it made a believer out of me. It was larger that I expected and in my opinion the build quality is quite nice. The interior impressed me most, good quality and sporty. I am not sure what some of you people that claim you saw it in person and are saying it appears cheap, I would put the interior up against just about anything south of $90k. I own a lot of expensive vehicles but I would drive this car without thinking twice about it.
I agree. I said the same thing. I hink the car is going to be a real nice car. I dont understand some people on here said it looks cheap and plasticy??? where.

I guess everyone has an opion.

I wish i could have sat in it and drove it. you are a lucky guy. I am excited to get mine in November..... Enjoy my friend
Old 06-08-2013, 06:17 PM

c63
that track video changed my mind about the sound of the exhaust. the revving in the MB promo video from the private lounge that circulated a couple of weeks/months back sounded terrible. i take back my criticism though, sounds great.

hopefully they include a pano top version. I don't really care for the lack of contrast on such a long roof. just my opinion though.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:11 PM

911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
You don't need a panoramic top for the contrast. You can easily do that with a wrap if the contrasting color option isn't available from the factory. Besides, the car is pretty small. There isn't much about it that would qualify as "long." Have you seen it in person yet?

-Eric
Old 06-10-2013, 09:36 PM

c63
i have not. i suppose i have to rephrase the statement: the length angle from the top view looks a little weird, as if it is missing something. in the end its something you have to judge once you see it in person. all in all though, i like it.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:39 PM

911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
It's just my opinion but I think the CLA looks better in person. I like it in most pictures although the rear does look a little squishy and awkward from some angles. In person, however, I found the car's dimensions and overall shape made more sense. Of course, I saw it under bright lights on a rotating platform at the end of a long day with two little kids at a car show so who the hell knows? lol

-Eric