Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 08:13 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by JGreen76
As for an aftermarket software tune, I don't think we'll see any large gains. The HP gain will not be comparable to other turbo cars like Audi's 2.0t. AMG has this little monster running high boost right out of the box. Possibly a downpipe will increase the speed in which it spools, and a larger intercooler (if it fits) to maintain consistent hp numbers through the seasons.

Overall, I think we'll see some larger turbo's bolted on to see some really impressive numbers from the CLA45.
With a vehicle like this new A Class AMG there will definitely be lots of tuning available down the track if not immediately, I believe it's destined to become a classic with a big cult following like any other high power high performance stand out all paw turbo vehicles

Personally I don't see the need for anyone to bother too much with this car as is out of the box initially anyway, it has well over the advertised power numbers as is evident from dyno runs and it's top of its class in performance and handling, the A45 variant humbles the likes of the Rexs and Evos and is better than the current IL5 2.5ltr powered Audi RS3 as well.

It will be interesting to see what the new Audi RS3 and the other forthcoming new RS3 variants will be like, I'm sure MB have factored in that part of it and designed the A Class AMG for future scope potential to keep it in front of the pack
Old 08-25-2013, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
190e & c36
Originally Posted by MrMoo

Also in Australia no ones branded a yuppy so its all good =)
hahahahaha, what planet do you live on?? Only a yuppy would say that :P
Old 01-20-2014, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by mcorliss
Calling BS. I have had a 2009 C63, 2010 E63, and now 2008 ClK63, and the C63 was the worst of the bunch regarding traction...the main reason I sold it. Beautiful car but chassis is totally overpowered by engine, hence I suspect one of the main reason's for AMG's detuning engine a bit...aside from marketing stuff. At the dragstrip (stickier surface) is one thing but in the real world, it is another thing altogether. Real handful, so much so that a torque-less M3 is only a few tenths of a second off in 0-60 & quarter mile. The CLA's AWD is it's sneaky fast secret. When people develop a tune for those the C63s are toast...so says the guy who otherwise loved his C63.

You were probably running factory tires. I ran 285's nitto 555 street tires with 100 threadwear and the car will pull from traffic lights with little traction issues. I do agree with most of what you said about the C63 being an engineering disaster on traction.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:40 PM

CLA 45
I was lucky enough to stumble on an available CLA45 pretty much loaded...i'm more than happy with it. But had a C63 been in the showroom next to it, I'd definitely spent the extra. Especially for the 507. All this not taking into account any speed numbers. Even if the 63 WOULD have been equal or slower, I'd prefer the v8.

When it's time to trade in or sell, I'm going with a C or CLS class AMG.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:05 PM

c63
Originally Posted by AV1
It will be interesting to see what the new Audi RS3 and the other forthcoming new RS3 variants will be like
Ill venture a guess: underpowered and overpriced

No, but really, underpowered and overpriced. That is audi's mantra.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:52 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by _timothy
Ill venture a guess: underpowered and overpriced

No, but really, underpowered and overpriced. That is audi's mantra.
Audis are definitely overpriced and also suffer the highest depreciation most likely because of being overpriced in the first place when compared with their main competitors BMW and MB, at least that's the case here in the Australian market.

As far as power though, they've got decent numbers on their performance models and there's a plethora of tuning available too as they share mechanicals with the rest of the VW or VAG group parts bin.

Getting back to the new RS3, Audi will have no problem extracting power and torque numbers from their 2.5 5 pot to topple the A Class AMG's 2.0 4 pot, all depends on how good the rest of the car is going to be.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:01 AM

2019 Audi TT RS, 2020 BMW X3M Competition
Originally Posted by AV1
Audis are definitely overpriced and also suffer the highest depreciation most likely because of being overpriced in the first place when compared with their main competitors BMW and MB, at least that's the case here in the Australian market. As far as power though, they've got decent numbers on their performance models and there's a plethora of tuning available too as they share mechanicals with the rest of the VW or VAG group parts bin. Getting back to the new RS3, Audi will have no problem extracting power and torque numbers from their 2.5 5 pot to topple the A Class AMG's 2.0 4 pot, all depends on how good the rest of the car is going to be.
Speaking of Audi. Sounds like they aren't messing around.

http://m.autoblog.com/2014/01/23/aud...3-plus-375-hp/
Old 01-25-2014, 12:18 PM

2014 CLA 45 AMG; 2012 GLK 350 4MATIC (totaled); 2009 VW GTI (sold)
Originally Posted by bmoney12

Speaks to the Innovation and excellent engineering from AMG…..there can only be one leader, others will follow
Old 01-25-2014, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jonnyrt
Speaks to the Innovation and excellent engineering from AMG…..there can only be one leader, others will follow
Still, exciting times ahead for the consumer to benefit. I have no allegiance to AMG.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:21 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI

There you go as said they're onto it.

I was in the market for a TTRS years ago in 2009 and back then when the new 2.5 5 pot was being developed I read some literature that stated it had been tested at up to 436kw! that's the better part of 600hp.

Intetesting though to see that Audi will be putting out S models and even a top whack Golf R model with a similar tuned 2.0 engine to rival the new A Class AMG and then step over them with RS models featuring their 2.5 engine it certainly will be interesting to see the outcome of those and see what AMG do to try and keep up or stay ahead.

I'm sure we'll see the factory OEM power level of the new AMG 2.0 4 pot go up with future new model updates
Old 01-27-2014, 10:24 PM

Uber 202
Originally Posted by AV1
Audis are definitely overpriced and also suffer the highest depreciation most likely because of being overpriced in the first place when compared with their main competitors BMW and MB, at least that's the case here in the Australian market.

As far as power though, they've got decent numbers on their performance models and there's a plethora of tuning available too as they share mechanicals with the rest of the VW or VAG group parts bin.

Getting back to the new RS3, Audi will have no problem extracting power and torque numbers from their 2.5 5 pot to topple the A Class AMG's 2.0 4 pot, all depends on how good the rest of the car is going to be.
mercedes have the worst depreciation by far. in 4 years the new s class will be in the $40k's just like what happened to my old w221. in the states audi's lease programs are not competitive to mb and bmw because they subsidize their leases in order to move volume. bmw is prob the worst at that as they like to ***** their cars out to everyone. when i returned my wifes b8 s4 lease, the car actually had positive equity and i got $6500 back when i returned it. ive never seen that in any mb or bmw ive ever owned.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:42 AM

A45
Originally Posted by Jycke
I'd say it's really good bang for the buck. At least the A45 has more BHP per tonne than the C63, plus they're AWD (?). Getting one for my wife

Really? I thought it was the other way round according to my calculator.. Unless you are referring to the C63 estate?
Old 01-28-2014, 09:21 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by MikeL
mercedes have the worst depreciation by far. in 4 years the new s class will be in the $40k's just like what happened to my old w221. in the states audi's lease programs are not competitive to mb and bmw because they subsidize their leases in order to move volume. bmw is prob the worst at that as they like to ***** their cars out to everyone. when i returned my wifes b8 s4 lease, the car actually had positive equity and i got $6500 back when i returned it. ive never seen that in any mb or bmw ive ever owned.
It really does depend and vary on the market place or Country and the going ons with all the associated aspects as you've listed above, straight depreciation wise as said Audi is the worst here in Aust. and AFAIK unless I'm mistaken BMW has the best resale value in Singapore for example.

Originally Posted by Iggy Higgins
Really? I thought it was the other way round according to my calculator.. Unless you are referring to the C63 estate?
As above it all depends on the market or Country in question and how they've priced their range.

In Aust. the A45 is almost exactly half the purchase price of the entry level spec C63, therefore in terms of 'bang for buck' and also features wise since in Aust. spec it comes fully loaded as standard the A45 is way ahead
Old 01-29-2014, 03:36 AM

A45
I was referring to the bhp/tonne mate.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe' '99' Audi A4 Avant Quattro 2.8 DD

Check this out!
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11401276...r-turbo-engine
Old 01-30-2014, 06:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by AV1
There you go as said they're onto it.

I was in the market for a TTRS years ago in 2009 and back then when the new 2.5 5 pot was being developed I read some literature that stated it had been tested at up to 436kw! that's the better part of 600hp.

Intetesting though to see that Audi will be putting out S models and even a top whack Golf R model with a similar tuned 2.0 engine to rival the new A Class AMG and then step over them with RS models featuring their 2.5 engine it certainly will be interesting to see the outcome of those and see what AMG do to try and keep up or stay ahead.

I'm sure we'll see the factory OEM power level of the new AMG 2.0 4 pot go up with future new model updates
Yup those sons of #%^*>'s stole AMG engineer Friedrich Eichler that helped develop the m157, m156, as well as m133. Maybe we'll see AMG release a Performance Package with the facelift to take the title back.

And the Cla/A def launch great with AWD but look at trap speeds they are about 110 for the Cla while the c63 is about 120. Highway roll race wouldn't even be close