Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
/////AMG
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Loyalty?
Are you kidding?

Have you seen the douchebags selling these cars now?
Clowns. Clowns.

I was so infuriated with the sales rep at the NAIAS, she should have been selling Chevrolets instead of AMGs. They have no clue of the history or pedigree.
We aren't all idiots.... some of us race on the weekends and watch formula 1... and sell during the week...
Old 08-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
2018 C63S
its the name of the game guys.

i have been working in the car industry for a period of time.

OK yes its not selling cars but its modifying cars so we have a close connection with all the dealers in our area.

And yes they do have wiggle room in the price. Questions comes in on how do you play the game when it comes to getting a new car.

specifically the AMG line those are the high end cars in a sense they also have a perception that if you are looking to purchase one then you wont mind spending the money for one either to have the title of owning a AMG.

Now that being said sales reps aren't stupid and most of them have some moves and tricks up their sleeve to convince the buyer to pay for the car with the listed price tag.

I don't know about you guys but i have never bought a car with the price that it was listed at.

Always has been between 2-4 K less
Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 AM

CLA 45 AMG On order
Ordered our first Mercedes from Chantilly in NoVA. Expected delivery is sometime in January. Can't wait to see the 45 in person. It's like waiting on the birth of a child, but one you will enjoy I think the only options we didn't get were Carbon Fiber and Sport seats. The car is suppose to go to manufacturing on November 2 so I guess January seems pretty reasonable.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GMC Sierra Denali
Aren't USAA discounts only for Veterans and their families?

This will be my families 4th MB and second AMG from the same dealer so I will be getting some sort of discount and they are giving me 3 months for the lease end of my Land Rover.

[QUOTE=bsavic;5744268]
Originally Posted by C63newdude
I have to disagree. USAA offers discounts on just about every model. I was recently interested on thier E550 4 matic and they had it for $5998 off, all you have to do is print the certificate if you are eligible. Costco has similar programs.

On another note, I might be one in a million Mercedes owner that knows what "hold back" means. Exactly...!!!! everyone right now is wondering: what the hell is this guy(me) talking about?
Well, hold back is the price in which the dealer gets their discount so put in other words, when you think that there is no "margin" of profit, there is actually lots of profit margin between invoice and hold back, you just wouldn't not know what that profit is. There are a few categories of buyers, just put yourself in whichever fits your lifestyle:

Stage 1- (the weakest person/buyer) will buy the car above MSRP (it could be you), certainly not me.
Stage II-You can buy at MSRP (you are being fooled by the dealer), they are getting their profit margin from hold back to MSRP out of your pocket
Stage III - Then you have the motivated sharp car buyer which will negotiate and get a price between invoice and MSRP(most of the people)
Stage III- Someone like me that will negotiate dicounts from USAA or other sponsored Mercedes companies plus negotiate a price.

If you ever want to have a head start, just go to Edmunds and you can see their invoice. I can see a dealer having a limited allocation but you can ALWAYS order one.[/QUOTE

USAA offers discounts on Mercedes-Benz vehicles to it's members. TRUE
USAA doesn't have discount for ALL Mercedes-Benz vehicles. TRUE
USAA discounts vary on specific models TRUE
Certain Mercedes-Benz cars sell only for MSRP....no MB dealer would discount.....which cars are those???? the ones that have great demand. I have yet to hear that somebody got any discount on SLS, G-550/63, actually most of the AMG product line....
I guess you could compare it to sport events or concert tickets........
I am sure we all know how that works. You don't get to see NBA playoffs unless you STEP-UP and pay the ticket price....and that is not the price that is printed on the ticket (yes, there are few exceptions)
Old 10-01-2013, 01:11 PM

02 C32 AMG, 06 C230 Sport (Gone)
I work at a dealer in Nova and I will not be getting much off mine. Will arrive the early to mid December!
Old 10-01-2013, 01:13 PM

02 C32 AMG, 06 C230 Sport (Gone)
Originally Posted by shahulhusman
We aren't all idiots.... some of us race on the weekends and watch formula 1... and sell during the week...

Right there with you!
Old 10-01-2013, 04:24 PM

2005 CLK500
Supply and demand my friends, supply and demand.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:39 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
I got $1400 off, and a .5% off my finance rate for loyalty.

Car is $72 before tax, only option I didn't get was night package (I have carbon option) and also didn't get drivers since I am going to get coilovers and a tune for it!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
Originally Posted by Jeffield
I got $1400 off, and a .5% off my finance rate for loyalty.

Car is $72 before tax, only option I didn't get was night package (I have carbon option) and also didn't get drivers since I am going to get coilovers and a tune for it!
I'll give you $200 to double your money in exchange.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:19 PM

CLA 45 AMG (on order)
Originally Posted by nlpamg
lol, and that is the problem! I have $17k in options and I tried to cut down! lol

$65k is easy, the car can be past $70k with everything.
Just ordered my CLA AMG as well. I'm at $65k. A person could easily be at $70k+ on this car. Pretty much ordered every option minus the parking assistance package. It will be delivered in Jan. No discount as of yet but we shall see. Might be able to get $500 or so off.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:51 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Originally Posted by Koru_Kinshi
I'll give you $200 to double your money in exchange.

lol wut.