CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Weistec Downpipe Review and Exhaust Upgrade Observations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 10:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
03 Lexus IS300 (old faithful) / 91 3000GT VR-4 / 14 CLA45 AMG / 11 BMW X6M
Weistec Downpipe Review and Exhaust Upgrade Observations

So I was able to get my Weistec dp installed today.

Current performance mods -
-Arma Intake
-Renntech ECU
-Innotech catback exhaust
-Weistec DP

Installation - I had this professionally installed so I cant comment on the install. My guy said he had to remove quite a few parts to get the exhaust out of the top of the engine bay.

Sound - The IPE cat back combined with the stock DP sounded great but now the car roars! The DP makes a huge sound difference! You also get a little turbo spool sound. The volume of the exhaust has also increased. The cracks inbetween shifts are much louder.

Performance - The car now spools faster, revs faster and more freely, has nice torque and top end. There is a significant power increase that you can feel.

Looks - The weistec heat shield looks nice and the dp also has a nice look even though the titanium ceramic coating isnt that eye appealing.

Exhaust upgrade observations - If you want to change the sound of your exhaust the Weistec DP will give your car a much meaner and louder sound. Installing a cat back only will improve the sound but it wont be as significant as the catless dp.

If you are asking me this question "I want to upgrade my cat back and downpipe, what should I expect?"

Expect a much meaner, throaty sound with a nice increase in volume. The cracks in between shifts will be much louder. I do NOT find the sound too loud, Mercedes has enough sound deadening material in the car to keep the ride sound comfortable. But most of you will turn the music down, roll down the windows and enjoy the nasty sounds this 4cyl makes.

I have a short sound clip here

http://www.enjoygram.com/james_blackstone_labs

ENJOY!
Old 08-10-2014, 01:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
Nice review and that sounds just plain aggressive! You could already tell from the video they put out that there was a great improvement in exhaust tone and that's even more pronounce with the innotech. More importantly, it's great to hear that you can feel the performance improvement as well. Congrats on another great mod bud.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:41 AM

Additional Comments -

STOCK MIDPIPE - As you guys can see from pictures on Wiestecs page the stock mid pipe has some nasty bends in it.

Armytrix midpipe also has bends

Innotech used the stock midpipe

Weistec eliminates these bends with a much better free flowing midpipe. Def a big advantage when looking at upgrades. My advice would be to stick with a stock catback or get an upgraded cat back and always use Weistecs DP.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A45 amg
Do this is the best mod after piggybox ,
Or best overall , ?
Old 08-10-2014, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Humilde
Do this is the best mod after piggybox ,
Or best overall , ?
Best after a piggyback IMO