CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Does anyone have the designo magno cashmere white matte?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m6
Cool Does anyone have the designo magno cashmere white matte?

Hi, I know there have been threads about this exterior but I just wanted a couple of specific answers. So if anyone has the designo magno cashmere white matte, I would GREATLY appreciate any input because I am trying to order a car!
(1) Does the paint change color with heat?
(2) If my car somehow gets scraped by another car or if I get into an accident, normally I could buff it out. Is it different with this exterior?
(3) Would you recommend it to a friend/ what would you tell a friend that is interested in this exterior?

Any input is greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 11-16-2014, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
First of all, you can't get this paint code on the CLA so it would maybe be better to ask on the W221/W222/W212/C217 boards as this paint is offered on those cars and is more commonly chosen.

But to answer your questions:

1. No.
2. Yes- you can't buff out any imperfections or damage- you have three options:
a. Live with said imperfection
b. Touch it up
c. Repaint the whole panel and maybe blend to other panels
3. If you like the look and don't plan to keep the car for that long, go for it as a car doesn't get that much patina depending how you use it. If you like the look and plan to keep it looking showroom fresh all the time, then you have two options (in my opinion):
a. Wrap the car in Xpel Stealth which is a matte clear wrap- this can cost $4,000-7,500 depending on your area (and going labor rates/competition with film installers etc.)
b. Buy a gloss paint car and then follow with step 3. a. This nets the same look, but you have a gloss paint underneath the wrap.