CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Weistec Anti Surge Valve for M133 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 06:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by soolman32
It takes time and effort to engineer a new product for any platform. Even if the material cost is minimal, a business still needs to be run. I'm not saying I agree with the price or think it's a bargain. My only point is that neither one of you whining in the paying vendor thread came up with this design or a solution for the car. It is your right to feel the price is too high but have enough decency to voice your opinions in a respectful manner. It's this kind of negativity that limits the time and efforts tuners are willing to put into a given platform. Why does the M3/4 always gets a ton of attention? because there is a market for and the people who buy those cars don't whine over a few hundred dollars. I'm not rich by any means but I'll save up and pay for a quality product if It's something that I want.
m3/m4 ? the most expensive BOV i can find for bmw is $525 and it looks like it comes with an intake and its for over-boosted engines (big turbo)

anything for stock tuned seems to be $300.

and adding to that, half the posts on bmw forums say BOV's are BADDD for these borgwarner turbo's

i know all about a business as i have my own...but where do we draw the line on these tuners man ya know what im saying? is a $700 BOV OK too? where do you draw the line on this particular product sir? if it was 800 was it a definite no even if you could save up?

seems that by some people's posts, some would buy this no matter what price they posted ... different financial circumstances i suppose! thats just life!

all is well friend! we all love our 45's and we all want the best for it.

Last edited by dblock110; 01-30-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
These are on their way to us. We will do a full review for you guys and determine their worth. From what Weistec was telling me, these cars don't come with BPV's (bypass valves) from the factory. They come with a block off plate that is not suitable for diverting excess compressed air when you modify these vehicles.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
Red face

Originally Posted by dblock110
m3/m4 ? the most expensive BOV i can find for bmw is $525 and it looks like it comes with an intake and its for over-boosted engines (big turbo)

anything for stock tuned seems to be $300.

and adding to that, half the posts say BOV's are BADDD for these borgwarner turbo's

i know all about a business as i have my own...but where do we draw the line on these tuners lol ? $700 BOV ?

seems that by some people's posts, you guys would buy this no matter what price they posted lol
I'm not looking to start an internet argument. The M3/4 comment is nothing more than a reference to a platform that gets a lot of attention for tuners. All M cars do for that matter and with each new iteration, tuners are quick to develop both visual and performance upgrades. My one and only point to you and a few others is that we can respectfully challenge vendors. Attacking and being negative only hinders progress and will ultimately limit our options. Saw the a similar thing happen during my G37 days and it plain sucks.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Originally Posted by ddtung
AMG designed the M133 engine with a BPV instead of a BOV and tuned it accordingly. If we install a BOV we have to make sure it will not affect the engine in some unintended way. Can Weistec please explain the design parameters as well as the results of the rigorous testing they did. It is pointless to say that the mod can be removed to preserve the warranty. If and when the car breaks down on the road and has to be towed to the dealer, it will be too late.
We apologize for not responding properly the first time. There is no BPV (bypass valve for those who don't know the abbreviation) on the M133 engine although we are sure if you did a bit of looking, you would have found the same. There is a block off plate where our piece bolts right in.

We can understand how you would think the tuning would be affected, and that is because you thought the car has a bypass valve. It doesn't. Furthermore, these cars run via MAP sensor which means it calculates the amount of air coming in the car through many variables. Manifold absolute pressure being one, RPM being the other, and various other inputs and outputs that configure the ECU's algorithms to properly calculate air mass. If the car was running a MAF and you were releasing "metered" air into the atmosphere, well than it would have the rich surge that was mentioned in this thread, but that is not the case here.

If your question is pertaining to your MB warranty, please contact your dealer or service adviser and understand how they feel about modifying your vehicle. MB appreciates that we are the only aftermarket parts manufacturer that holds CARB approvals on many late model AMG's, and with this, they often turn a cheek on our parts. There is no formal warranty when it comes to drive-train parts, and this is universal among all aftermarket brands. Let us know if we answered your questions. Thanks again.

Weistec Engineering
Old 01-30-2015, 06:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes C200 CGI, CLS350, CLA45 AMG, AMG GTS(ordered)
I recall that the first guy on these
forums who installed the Weistec DP threw a CEL. If all products are well engineered and well tested, why did that happen? Anyway that problem was solved with a spacer, a common fix.

Whatever the product and its price, the customer has the right to ask questions and voice legitimate concerns. The 'trust me' answer just doesn't work.

Last edited by ddtung; 01-30-2015 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Weistec
We apologize for not responding properly the first time. There is no BPV (bypass valve for those who don't know the abbreviation) on the M133 engine although we are sure if you did a bit of looking, you would have found the same. There is a block off plate where our piece bolts right in.

We can understand how you would think the tuning would be affected, and that is because you thought the car has a bypass valve. It doesn't. Furthermore, these cars run via MAP sensor which means it calculates the amount of air coming in the car through many variables. Manifold absolute pressure being one, RPM being the other, and various other inputs and outputs that configure the ECU's algorithms to properly calculate air mass. If the car was running a MAF and you were releasing "metered" air into the atmosphere, well than it would have the rich surge that was mentioned in this thread, but that is not the case here.

If your question is pertaining to your MB warranty, please contact your dealer or service adviser and understand how they feel about modifying your vehicle. MB appreciates that we are the only aftermarket parts manufacturer that holds CARB approvals on many late model AMG's, and with this, they often turn a cheek on our parts. There is no formal warranty when it comes to drive-train parts, and this is universal among all aftermarket brands. Let us know if we answered your questions. Thanks again.

Weistec Engineering
Thank you. I am sure you meant BPV instead of the second MAF.

While I have not checked carefully under the hood, looking up the EPC I did find a part on the turbocharger labelled 'air valve' that looked like a BPV, in addition to the EGR valve. I will check with my MB tech to confirm the presence or absence of a BPV.

Last edited by ddtung; 01-30-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
03 Lexus IS300 (old faithful) / 91 3000GT VR-4 / 14 CLA45 AMG / 11 BMW X6M

While I have not checked carefully under the hood, looking up the EPC I did find a part on the turbocharger labelled 'air valve' that looked like a BPV, in addition to the EGR valve. I will check with my MB tech to confirm the presence or absence of a BPV.
Like I said before I am down for upgrades as long as the car "needs" it. I dig Wiestec but right now Rebellion is kicking their butt in the upgrade game.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec

http://weistec.com/media/productfile...1/m133_asv.pdf

Just to save you the time, read through our installation manual. There are clear shots of what we replace. Thanks.

Weistec Engineering
Old 01-30-2015, 09:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
G63 AMG
NVM answered above.

I still think the MB has much more time and money on this engine's R&D than this Weistec company tho...

Last edited by aznevoviii; 01-30-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Weistec
http://weistec.com/media/productfile...1/m133_asv.pdf

Just to save you the time, read through our installation manual. There are clear shots of what we replace. Thanks.

Weistec Engineering
I checked under the hood and can confirm that the air valve has been replaced by a blocking plate.

Reading through your installation pdf I notice that you route the air exiting the wastegate back to the intake manifold so it actually acts as a BPV+BOV instead of a pure BOV. Can you please state the conditions under which it acts as each, and will that affect engine tuning?
Old 01-31-2015, 01:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
I checked under the hood and can confirm that the air valve has been replaced by a blocking plate.

Reading through your installation pdf I notice that you route the air exiting the wastegate back to the intake manifold so it actually acts as a BPV+BOV instead of a pure BOV. Can you please state the conditions under which it acts as each, and will that affect engine tuning?
We don't touch the wastegate in this instance. A wastegate is a valve in the turbo that modulates to control boost pressures. It has nothing at all to do with our ASV unit.

Perhaps you are referring to the hose that we T into so the valve has a vacuum reference to open and close during on/off throttle. To answer your question, no there is nothing that acts like a BPV or BOV unless our unit is added. Thank you.

Weistec Engineering
Old 02-01-2015, 08:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
15 GLA 45, 09 C63, 06 WRX STi
So I don't get it...you have a fancy name for it but is it a BPV or a BOV? And is the air dumped before or after the MAF?
Old 02-01-2015, 09:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by jstefanop
So I don't get it...you have a fancy name for it but is it a BPV or a BOV? And is the air dumped before or after the MAF?
What you guys are seeing is not a recirculation hose that's a vacuum line running to the intake manifold so it can open and close when your off/on throttle. This is a blow off valve that vents to atmosphere. When you let off the throttle vacuum is supplied from the line you see which opens the vent in the anti surge valve/blow off valve and the excess boost pressure is released instead of traveling back to the compressor wheel and surging.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
I don't get people complaining about price it's simple if you don't think its worth the money don't buy it. If they don't sell enough and most people agree it's to expensive they'll have no choice but to lower the price. Don't come in and muddy a vendor thread with unnecessarily negative comments theirs a way to state something while still being respectful. While Weistec products are on the expensive side they are top notch quality I have the stage 3 supercharger system on my c63 and it's amazing in hardware and software. This is why nobody is really developing products for the cla45.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by Ezec63
I don't get people complaining about price it's simple if you don't think its worth the money don't buy it. If they don't sell enough and most people agree it's to expensive they'll have no choice but to lower the price. Don't come in and muddy a vendor thread with unnecessarily negative comments theirs a way to state something while still being respectful. While Weistec products are on the expensive side they are top notch quality I have the stage 3 supercharger system on my c63 and it's amazing in hardware and software. This is why nobody is really developing products for the cla45.
i am yet to see another tuner bring out this product out if you cant pay dont play simple
Old 02-02-2015, 12:44 PM

C32 AMG
This is why nobody is really developing products for the cla45.
trust me when i say EVERYONE is developing/working on developing parts, they just aren't out yet.

ive been in touch with nearly every major tuner that touches AMGs (yeah the c63 tuners) and they all have products planned for the cla45....you're forgetting the car has really only been out for 1year...

in no way are a few forum comments on PRICE deterring any major tuner ...

Last edited by dblock110; 02-02-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
15 GLA 45, 09 C63, 06 WRX STi
What you guys are seeing is not a recirculation hose that's a vacuum line running to the intake manifold so it can open and close when your off/on throttle. This is a blow off valve that vents to atmosphere. When you let off the throttle vacuum is supplied from the line you see which opens the vent in the anti surge valve/blow off valve and the excess boost pressure is released instead of traveling back to the compressor wheel and surging.
So then is this "dumped" air metered or not? And how will it affect A/F?

I know there is a MAF after the intercooler and before the intake manifold, and that is way after turbo and the point where the air is dumped by this valve, so I'm assuming this has very little affect on screwing up a tune.

I just don't know if there is a MAF in the airbox before the turbo.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Our review

The Mercedes CLA45 2.0L Turbocharged engine packs a serious punch. In combination with our VRTuned Tuning Box and a Agency Power high flow cat downpipe, this thing rockets with some big horsepower. But can you believe Mercedes did not put a diverter or blow off valve in the system? That is some serious compression surge especially at 20+ psi of boost. So Weistec created this Anti Surge Valve (ASV) for the CLA45 to help relieve that built up boost pressure between some of the fastest shifts ever experienced. Our Mercedes CLA45 now sounds great! Check out the Mercedes Weistec ASV Kit on our site here - http://vrit.co/45amg

Follow us on Instagram at http://www.instagram.com/vividracing

Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/vividracing

Old 02-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Our review

The Mercedes CLA45 2.0L Turbocharged engine packs a serious punch. In combination with our VRTuned Tuning Box and a Agency Power high flow cat downpipe, this thing rockets with some big horsepower. But can you believe Mercedes did not put a diverter or blow off valve in the system? That is some serious compression surge especially at 20+ psi of boost. So Weistec created this Anti Surge Valve (ASV) for the CLA45 to help relieve that built up boost pressure between some of the fastest shifts ever experienced. Our Mercedes CLA45 now sounds great! Check out the Mercedes Weistec ASV Kit on our site here - http://vrit.co/45amg

Follow us on Instagram at http://www.instagram.com/vividracing

Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/vividracing

Old 02-13-2015, 04:01 PM

C32 AMG
awesome video... thanks.

is there any way this does more damage than it prevents? any possible way
Old 02-13-2015, 04:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by dblock110
awesome video... thanks.

is there any way this does more damage than it prevents? any possible way
Not that we've noticed yet.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
Thanks for posting the vid Vivid racing. I'll be looking forward to your updates on this product. Definitely interested once I get the car this summer.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz A45 AMG
Originally Posted by VividRacing
Not that we've noticed yet.
So from your review i presume you think its worth it....
Old 02-16-2015, 03:36 PM

911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Ivanovsky
So from your review i presume you think its worth it....
They've elected to sell them. How do you think they're going to answer that question?

-Eric
Old 02-16-2015, 03:44 PM

Mercedes Benz A45 AMG
Originally Posted by Sue Esponte
They've elected to sell them. How do you think they're going to answer that question?

-Eric

I know the answer!
I was just checking...

Last edited by Ivanovsky; 02-16-2015 at 03:46 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec Anti Surge Valve for M133 AMG