CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

CLA 45 Transmission Update Info & New BMC Filter installed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
CLA 45 Transmission Update Info & New BMC Filter installed.

After getting the upgrade on the transmission programming done by Mercedes, I noticed that the software number isn't anywhere on my service paperwork, so there isn't much I can do there for you guys and the programming number. What I can tell you though is that BenzWorks and OE Tuning have a copy of the firmware update, so I recommend getting that info from them.

The update helps with driving from a stop at a light for sure. Clutch engages a lot quicker and a lot smoother than before. It also feels that it delivers power more to all four wheels than before, but it's still not enough to get all the power down to the ground. OETuning is still working on figuring out how to tweak power delivery to all the wheels.

Is it worth it? For a free update, absolutely.

In addition, I now have the BMC performance air filter installed. It's a beautiful piece, easy to install, and definitely worth it. Turbo sound is a bit more noticeable, and power delivery does feel a little bit better overall, including from low RPMs.

A new dyno is going to be done with the new filter put in, combined with the ECU & downpipe. Then we all can get some solid numbers to compare to the other results we've been seeing. I should have an answer during the week.

As of now though, the car's wicked powerful. Easily wants to break tires up to third gear. Learning how to feather the gas and get the power down to all wheels until we can deal with the transmission tweaking. I'll keep everyone updated.