CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Bolt sizing question w/ spacers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 11:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
Bolt sizing question w/ spacers

My H&R 15mm spacers came in today and to my surprise did not include the extended bolts. Reading up on the H&R site now and states that I need to order the bolts separately.... Should've paid more attention initially.
My question is, does anyone here run the same size spacers for their CLA45 and what size bolt and design should I order?
Thanks
Old 05-13-2015, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA45 AMG
Ok well first you need to figure out if it's a Cone or Ball Seat. OEM is Ball (spherical) but my Enkeis are Cone seat type. And as for the stock thread length its about 25-26 mm so if they're 15mm you should get a 40-41mm thread length. Goodluck.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:57 PM

CLA45 AMG
Look into Bimecc Engineering bolts. They are made in Italy and I think they are zinc coated which helps keep the bolts torqued down better than other brands. McGard is good but they are super expensive. I was quoted by tirerack only 30 bucks for the Bimecc bolts plus shipping. Btw, did you get the spacers for looks or performance?
Old 05-14-2015, 01:02 AM

CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by DONTLIFT
Look into Bimecc Engineering bolts. They are made in Italy and I think they are zinc coated which helps keep the bolts torqued down better than other brands. McGard is good but they are super expensive. I was quoted by tirerack only 30 bucks for the Bimecc bolts plus shipping. Btw, did you get the spacers for looks or performance?
Thanks for the response. The answer to your question is both. I will be doing occasional track events and autocross. Lowering on KW V3 and the wider track should help with handling as well. When not tracking, it'll have a better stance so win win.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:16 AM

CLA45 AMG
Agh icic, idk i've heard spacers don't do anything in regard to handling hahaha not sure if it's true or not though but yeah whatever makes you happier! If it's making your noggin happier that's what it's all about! I have club sports and can't believe how amazing they are. . . I am going to Button Willow soon and have been to Roval Autoclub Speedway and Big Willow. Have you brought your car out yet? What state are you located in?
Old 05-14-2015, 04:02 PM

CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by DONTLIFT
Agh icic, idk i've heard spacers don't do anything in regard to handling hahaha not sure if it's true or not though but yeah whatever makes you happier! If it's making your noggin happier that's what it's all about! I have club sports and can't believe how amazing they are. . . I am going to Button Willow soon and have been to Roval Autoclub Speedway and Big Willow. Have you brought your car out yet? What state are you located in?

I'm located in Minnesota so those tracks are not really an option for me unfortunately. Have another 200 miles to go before break-in is complete, but should be in time for my first track event come next month.
Just noticed that you have an APR Splitter. Could you share some pictures of it installed on your car. Have yet to find a CF splitter that like enough to purchase.
Thanks
Old 05-14-2015, 04:11 PM

CLA45 AMG
I will post pictures up for you as soon as I get em installed. Should be done around the 20th. I would look into suspension first, the stock suspension is pretty ****ty. Aerodynamics are superb on this car stock, just looking for some high speed stability since I got the kW club sports.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:53 PM

CLA45 AMG
My KW3 arrive tomorrow. That was the first thing I ordered after I tinted the windows lol it just so happens that spacers made it here sooner even though they were ordered afterwards.