Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63 AMG
Rebellion Automotive Statement of Fact

Formal Statement from Rebellion Automotive

We have prepared this statement to address a number of accusations and general defamatory statements that are currently being made against us by a small number of individuals online. These individuals are unknown to us as they are using the medium of “user names” on forums and the similar.

There are a number of accusations and misquotes, a lot of which originate from a post on what is believed a US Blog site. The posters have then taken to spreading the link and also fuelling threads in other forums in an attempt to do as much damage as possible.

One of the main issues appear to be the fact we are accused of not actually developing or working on any of our own products. Also that the products we sell are from MTB in Germany.

When we first started the A45 development including work on the Turbo (Through MTB who ultimately had one of the first TTE units) we clearly posted that we had co developed our early tuning package with MTB in Germany as seen here in a post we made in Jan 2014.

Jan 2014

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/amg-l...45-tuning.html

As both our experience of the platform grew and the developments of our other products (Exhaust,Downpipe,Intake etc) continued we looked into a solution we could develop in house. We sourced our S1V2 box and wiring looms from a different supplier and also the software for being able to amend and create maps within the kit. We were able to do this as we had our own A45 vehicle and two other 45AMG vehicles owned by customers available for development.

From Day one we have been very active on social media to show development processes and also demonstrate user cars being run on dynos here and around the world, but more importantly track events and real world vbox results. As one of the early adopters of the platform many of our early dyno results were called into question (even though they were on independent dynos) and as such we decided the better route for showcasing product capability was with VBOX results in the real world and timed track events. We had chosen the Social Media route to publicise rather than favoring forums as the speed and reach of social media fitted our needs. It should not be forgotten that we also held the first UK 45AMG Dyno Day (independently) and also were subject of a published Australian Dyno Day (irrespective of yet more inter tuner debates after that)

Our hardware upgrades are designed and fabricated inhouse on site here at HQ and customers are more than welcome to take a stroll to our ‘dirty’ workshop when they visit us and see any other projects that may be occurring or the production of any staple hardware upgrades being made.

The Exception to being made on site-

-The actual filter element for our intake (This is produced to our spec and sizes by a UK Motorsport Manufacturer. We make the cones adapters and fitting kits)

-The physical BOX and Wires for the tuning kits (We create and amend software)

-Brakes – We utilise the UK company Wortec of which we have a long history and a personal connection. (We however make our changes and provide the data/spec and testing for kits with Wortec right here in the UK at HQ on platforms we offer)

The other accusations surround the implication that we have stated we supply Renntech with their tuning boxes. This may or may not have come from a twisted version of a conversation from a whatsapp group, however we have not and do not supply Renntech with any product. We have also never made any official public statement to this effect. If however they purchase their box and wire hardware from the same supplier there is little I can do about it. I refer back to the original dyno day where we back to back tested the Renntech customer car and a number of Rebellion Cars with both S1V1 and S1V2 kits and the results where different. IF RENNTECH DO FEEL THAT STATEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO THIS EFFECT THEN I HAVE NEVER BEEN CONTACTED IN ANY WAY TO DISCUSS OR CLEAR UP ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION.

With regard to our ECU mapping programme we have a number of programmers on the payroll that are experts in various fields, some of these choose to work as consultants and work to develop what we are looking for in our results. However again this is based on our behind the scene development and requirements. There is occasion when we will travel abroad especially to Germany for development as a lot of the European cars are released there first. Again on these occasions we have utilised MTB’s Dyno facilities which in turn has produced results on a German Dyno Graph. We do not think it is unheard of in any industry to utilise consultants aswell as permanent staff to get the results you want. All Mail order ECU programming takes place at our UK HQ. Again something we have shown many times on social media.

We have possibly one of the largest 45 AMG customer bases globally and have well over 600 customers now running at least one of our products and many are returning customers upgrading. As a relatively small company we have always strived to provide good customer service and a more personal approach to how we have worked and grown. We, as any company are not perfect but will always try to resolve any customer issues as soon as possible and to the customers’ satisfaction. However on this occasion it would appear that the motives behind this online abuse is nothing to actually do with unhappy customers and ultimately just the attempts of a few to do as much damage as possible to our reputation.

Unfortunately as with any business there will be those that will always wish to see you fail and will feel it is their right to understand every little detail about how you work and run often with hidden agendas. There will also be those that have nothing better to do with their lives than try and fight a crusade that probably doesn’t need fighting for a purpose that ultimately has no real meaning. For you we feel sorry.

For the rest of you, our loyal customers and friends we thank you for the messages of support and continued business……

Team Rebellion
Old 07-18-2015, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
My answers here:

http://www.aclassclub.co.uk/forum/to...462.html#62462
Old 07-19-2015, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
Read through both the statement and the Renntech response. A lot of this could've have been handled between the two parties without ever involving "us" the customers. At the end of the day my purchase decision are based on:

-product quality and reliability
-customer service/support
-value

I currently own the Rebellion piggyback V2 tune and purchased it over all other tune available based on the 3 factors above. Some of the competitors including Renntech offered similar power claims at a significant higher cost; therefore not meeting the value aspect.

Rebellion has been very active in the community since day 1 and always backed up their claims with independent results from customer feedback. Not once in the year and half leading up to my purchase did I see any product failure or customers complaining about not receiving support after purchase. As a matter of fact Rebellion has actually offered positive input on competitor product ( downpipe, intake) and the interaction with their own V2 tune. Or simply chimed in to a thread to offer expert advice on how each component works even of it's not their own. That's how I ended up with the AMS intake by the way.

My point is.... As a customer I look at all those factors before making my decision to spend money on upgrades for my car. It's not news to me that Rebellion and other Tuning companies usually start off with a base map that someone else created and then over time refine it. There are very few tuners who start from scratch. Will this feud and " facts" make me less likely to purchase from Rebellion? No. Does this mean I'm more likely to now purchase from Renntech? No. I suppose it's informative to those of us who do not research much and just purchase based on what's popular.

As always my purchase decision will be based on the actual product performance/quality, the support I know the company will provide after purchase and whether or not the pricing is fair. My next purchase is a Downpipe and I'm evaluating each one currently available from Rebellion, Weistec, Renntech, Armytrix, and soon to be released AMS.

Renntech_ I'm not siding with Rebellion, I'm saying I don't care about the "he said,she said " game. I researched your company and like a lot of the history. The problem here is you haven't been very active in this community. Early on yes and then just slowly faded out. You have a good variety off products but it's almost as if you don't believe in advertising it and promoting the various parts you are releasing. The last part of the equation is price... You are often times several hundreds to a thousand over your competitors ( not just Rebellion) but there aren't any actual benefits (power, wheel weight, overall product quality) that I've seen comes with the added cost. Maybe that's what the focus should be on rather than getting into an forum battle that most of us will not care about or impact our purchase decision making process.

Last edited by soolman32; 07-19-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:11 PM

AMG
If you read one of the mails we got regarding this, you will understand better:

"Exactly Luke, as stated online no questions would have been asked had they delivered fair evidence of development, origin of their product and data supporting their claims. Also looking back every single time someone has come on there with a new product whether you or someone else they've slated it or 2 weeks after released something similar.
As I said to you initially after Matt texted me making those claims that was crossing the lines in terms of what you can do claim without any evidence and on the same token discrediting another provider (which is US, RENNtech) and I felt at least you guys should know and have the ability to respond".

Rebellion now are trying to make people believe this happened for no reason at all.

Fact is: it's been their own behavior behind the curtain that brought themselves into this situation.

"Wer anderen eine Grube gräbt, fällt selbst hinein." -> Harm set, harm get.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:27 AM

Cla45 amg & Rx8 turbo
Hih, im new here

But i own both rebellion s1v2 & tcu. both in gla45 now
I also got a secondhand renntech. Its in cla45 now

My opinion:

about the power: same

with the electric wiring: renntech come on you can do better than that for the price.

And rebellion your tcu: well not as good as what other& u said.

Another thing im the one interested in your saw cut rotor & i believed u test and make them .......but NO

The true is those are from wp pro brake made in taiwan.
Your price is way way high for those rotor. I got:: lets say almost half.
But good thing is your service. Quick respond. Thats is very important.

Last edited by Turbo 8; 07-23-2015 at 08:37 AM.