CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

CLA45 vs. C63 (W204)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 01:21 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 E63S
Originally Posted by Vipershade
C450 looks like a C300 as much as a C63 looks like a C300, or a CLA45 looks like a CLA250... what's your point?
You own one. Biased much?
Well my point is, when I ask about the 450 in the dealership they bash it on my face like "IT IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE C400 BECAUSE THIS ONE IS AMG TUNED LOOK THE ENGINE IS COVERED RED AND IT HAS BORROWED PARTS FROM THE C63"
Then I'm like wow, great! I go see the car and there's a tiny little AMG emblem the size of the BlueEfficiency sign on a W204 C250.
The C63 has AMG badging all the way through and a V8 BITURBO emblem on the sides
The CLA45 has AMG badging all the way around and the TURBO AMG emblem on the sides

Not like I'm saying they should put AMG logos all around a car that isn't, but at least make it more unique. I can distinguish an S4 better than a C450 from their normal versions, and keep in mind the S4 is pretty subtle

So, it does look like a C300 with a Sport package or something.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:54 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 E63S
Originally Posted by bmoney12
I wouldn't get an S4 now. Solid car though...I had a 2010. Not nearly as fun as the 45 in my opinion.
Thanks.
OK, I have these in mind now:
- M235i
- M3/M4
- CLA45 AMG
- B8 S4 (backup choice, it still is appealing and a ton of mods out there)

When is the M2 coming out? I've seen a ton of articles on it but no release date. If it comes out soon enough I'd go for that over the M235i depending on the price. The M3 looks perfect, the M235i a little on the small side yet beautiful, the CLA45 drives great but interior could be better, and the S4 just is appealing to me for some reason.

I looked at the ATS-V, but I didn't like it so much. American cars aren't my thing, plus the guys over at the dealership were out of this world rude.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by ggonzaga
You own one. Biased much?
Well my point is, when I ask about the 450 in the dealership they bash it on my face like "IT IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE C400 BECAUSE THIS ONE IS AMG TUNED LOOK THE ENGINE IS COVERED RED AND IT HAS BORROWED PARTS FROM THE C63"
Then I'm like wow, great! I go see the car and there's a tiny little AMG emblem the size of the BlueEfficiency sign on a W204 C250.
The C63 has AMG badging all the way through and a V8 BITURBO emblem on the sides
The CLA45 has AMG badging all the way around and the TURBO AMG emblem on the sides

Not like I'm saying they should put AMG logos all around a car that isn't, but at least make it more unique. I can distinguish an S4 better than a C450 from their normal versions, and keep in mind the S4 is pretty subtle

So, it does look like a C300 with a Sport package or something.
Wow, your logic is mind-blowing (or maybe mind-numbing is a more accurate assessment) ... It is a true shame that you have no idea what makes or does not make an AMG vehicle.

Like I said before... it sounds like you really just need a good source for AMG badges.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
'15 T&C & '14 SL63
Have you all figured out yet that this isn't mom buying a car for her son?

Rather we're being trolled by a 15 year old wanna be window shopper?
Old 10-16-2015, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by nycphotography
Have you all figured out yet that this isn't mom buying a car for her son?

Rather we're being trolled by a 15 year old wanna be window shopper?

Old 10-16-2015, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 T&C & '14 SL63
One minute "he will like it" next minute "I don't like it". Not even bright enough to stay in character in one thread, let alone across an entire forum. Hint: Click name -> Find more posts by [your troll here]

Only reason I played along was because I think anyone seriously considering a performance car for Juniors first ride needs a reality check, and this thread has all the keywords.

I'm not necessarily saying don't do it.... just don't do it without thinking long and hard about what life is like for a 16 yo boy. The influences (friends), pressures (rivals), and desires (look good, be the man, show stature, earn respect, be important, prove himself) all boiling around in someone who generally won't start fully anticipating consequences for actions for several more years.

Last edited by nycphotography; 10-16-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
This thread is irrelevant whatever he buys the kid will be crashed in a few months. I don't care how responsible this kid is, I would say 90% of drivers get into some sort of accident in their first year. Throw a kid a 400+ hp car like a c63 or m3/m4 the odds of crashing definitely increases. Not trying to give parenting advice I'm just stating a fact giving a kid a 400+ hp car for their first car is idiotic.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E class
i'd get the c63 or c450 before the s4 or cla45 or better yet look for a used 14' E63S
good luck
Old 10-17-2015, 10:17 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mercedes SL63 AMG; Mercedes E63 AMG S 4matic; Mercedes C43 AMG; Mercedes S Class, Mercedes GLK
^ this
Old 11-10-2015, 01:42 AM

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
2014 E550, 2015 E63S, 2017 G63 - RIP
Good one, Man!
I read this nonsense in a complete disbelieve!
Hilarious!!!

One minute "he will like it" next minute "I don't like it". Not even bright enough to stay in character in one thread, let alone across an entire forum. Hint: Click name -> Find more posts by [your troll here]

Only reason I played along was because I think anyone seriously considering a performance car for Juniors first ride needs a reality check, and this thread has all the keywords.

I'm not necessarily saying don't do it.... just don't do it without thinking long and hard about what life is like for a 16 yo boy. The influences (friends), pressures (rivals), and desires (look good, be the man, show stature, earn respect, be important, prove himself) all boiling around in someone who generally won't start fully anticipating consequences for actions for several more years.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 WRX

Yup, what this guy said lmao

This OP is crazy inconsistent... he was the one who first brought up the ATS-V and others, saying they looked amazing and that he loved them but couldn't "get a deal"... Said he didn't care about interiors, that the CLA45's interior was great for him, now he says it could be better, now he wants opinions on an S4.... yadda yadda.

My money is on Troll.

I don't care who you are, or what you do for a living, or how much money you have, had, made, or are going to make. Don't care how responsible you THINK your son is. It is moronic to give any kid some form of high end performance vehicle.

I know 100% that IF your son is anywhere near as "responsible and deserving" as you claim, he would feel undeserving of the vehicle since he would be mature enough to know he's done nothing to deserve it or work for it.

Any thoughts to the negative image it will give to a kid in HIGHSCOOL driving an AMG? I know dam well if I saw that kid in highschool the first thing that would come to mind is spoiled rich kid brat. That's NOT saying that that is who your son is, but it is 100% what people will see.

I'm 24 years old, with an engineering degree, had scholarships going into university, never drank, smoked, saved my money like a smart kid, and people are in utter disbelief when I tell them that its my car (CLA45). I've had people go so far as to make remarks that it was bought with "daddys money", when in reality I've worked for every single thing I have, having never had anyone buy me anything I wanted.

Can you imagine your sons feelings when he tells people "yeah dad gave me this car"? Because lets face it, no one with a brain will ever believe any form of BS story of how he "worked a part time job mowing fcking lawns and saved all his pennies to buy it". He will be judged constantly for having it.

This is only on the emotional side, and guess what, society is VERY judgmental whether you like it or not. This is not even accounting for the crazy high statistics when it comes to younger drivers getting into accidents, tickets, etc.

IF you aren't a troll, which I believe you to be, then I think this is 100% an emotional parents purchase as opposed to what the son actually should have. As if you are trying to compensate somehow so you can tell people "oh well I bought my son a brand new AMG"... If you were 100% concerned about his safety, you would go buy a fcking Volvo and let him learn how to drive for a few years, let him work and earn some money, and then perhaps HELP him with the payments on a higher end car or some form of sports car, as opposed to just giving him the car.

But what do I know, I'm not rich and cant "blow" a 100K on a kids car..... :rofl:
Old 11-13-2015, 10:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by J_Maher_AMG
Yup, what this guy said lmao

This OP is crazy inconsistent... he was the one who first brought up the ATS-V and others, saying they looked amazing and that he loved them but couldn't "get a deal"... Said he didn't care about interiors, that the CLA45's interior was great for him, now he says it could be better, now he wants opinions on an S4.... yadda yadda.

My money is on Troll.

I don't care who you are, or what you do for a living, or how much money you have, had, made, or are going to make. Don't care how responsible you THINK your son is. It is moronic to give any kid some form of high end performance vehicle.

I know 100% that IF your son is anywhere near as "responsible and deserving" as you claim, he would feel undeserving of the vehicle since he would be mature enough to know he's done nothing to deserve it or work for it.

Any thoughts to the negative image it will give to a kid in HIGHSCOOL driving an AMG? I know dam well if I saw that kid in highschool the first thing that would come to mind is spoiled rich kid brat. That's NOT saying that that is who your son is, but it is 100% what people will see.

I'm 24 years old, with an engineering degree, had scholarships going into university, never drank, smoked, saved my money like a smart kid, and people are in utter disbelief when I tell them that its my car (CLA45). I've had people go so far as to make remarks that it was bought with "daddys money", when in reality I've worked for every single thing I have, having never had anyone buy me anything I wanted.

Can you imagine your sons feelings when he tells people "yeah dad gave me this car"? Because lets face it, no one with a brain will ever believe any form of BS story of how he "worked a part time job mowing fcking lawns and saved all his pennies to buy it". He will be judged constantly for having it.

This is only on the emotional side, and guess what, society is VERY judgmental whether you like it or not. This is not even accounting for the crazy high statistics when it comes to younger drivers getting into accidents, tickets, etc.

IF you aren't a troll, which I believe you to be, then I think this is 100% an emotional parents purchase as opposed to what the son actually should have. As if you are trying to compensate somehow so you can tell people "oh well I bought my son a brand new AMG"... If you were 100% concerned about his safety, you would go buy a fcking Volvo and let him learn how to drive for a few years, let him work and earn some money, and then perhaps HELP him with the payments on a higher end car or some form of sports car, as opposed to just giving him the car.

But what do I know, I'm not rich and cant "blow" a 100K on a kids car..... :rofl:
I'm the same as you worked my *** off since I was 15yrs old. I bought my CLA45, im only 26 and people always assume daddy bought it for me. I have actually heard a lot of little *****y comments thrown my way but I just laugh it off cause I know how hard i worked to buy this car.

I have had a lot of random ppl come up to me and ask what i paid for it and how i afforded the car. I always reply, "I have no idea the price, my dad bought me this car for graduation. I just put it on his black card. I don't like it as much as my lambo but it's ok as a beater." People get so pissed it's great.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 T&C & '14 SL63
Originally Posted by jmevox
I'm the same as you worked my *** off since I was 15yrs old. I bought my CLA45, im only 26 and people always assume daddy bought it for me. I have actually heard a lot of little *****y comments thrown my way but I just laugh it off cause I know how hard i worked to buy this car.

I have had a lot of random ppl come up to me and ask what i paid for it and how i afforded the car. I always reply, "I have no idea the price, my dad bought me this car for graduation. I just put it on his black card. I don't like it as much as my lambo but it's ok as a beater." People get so pissed it's great.
^^^^ And THIS is how you deal with ignorant judgmental people who think they know things.

+10 style points for giving them the FU in a way that only you even know it happened