CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

rebellion blow off valve instructions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 04:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cla45
rebellion blow off valve instructions?

anyone have good visual instructions on how to replace the blow off valve? i got one from REBELLION but what they sent me were very poor illustrated instructions. Thanks John
Old 12-24-2015, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should be pretty similar

http://weistec.com/media/productfile...1/m133_asv.pdf
Old 12-26-2015, 09:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cla45
thanks!
Old 07-11-2023, 01:21 AM

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Rental
Shame these two seem to have disappeared from the forum. Would've liked to know if they ever got this fixed. I got the same exact result from changing both tensioners, leaving the check valves there in, and I swapped bank 2 intake adjuster sprockets. All this improved the idle at startup, which now sounds up to speed, but the rattle still persists till tensioners are lubed up.

I took video of all my cam adjuster sprockets to see if like all the videos on YouTube I could see them jump. The only one that seemed bad at all was the intake bank 2 (driver side) as it made a small click, like I saw in a one-hour total cam adjuster swap fix video, that I wasn't able to reproduce without the cams slipping, and I had to pull the valve cover. All the others seem okay, but still the rattle at startup.

Anyone ever thought of modifying a set of tensioners? Somehow, bolstering the springs to need less oil pressure? I read leaky tensioners can starve the cams of oil. Would love to get this all gone.