CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Auto Talent + FI Exhaust + PP Performance Tune = <3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 45 AMG
Auto Talent + FI Exhaust + PP Performance Tune = <3

Firstt off big thank you to Golan a Auto Talent for helping me through this process and ultimately providing me with a monster setup!

So I picked up my CLA 45 back in February and instantly fell in love with it. Car was CPO, every plausible option, with under 10k miles. After a driving a few weeks I fell in love with the platform BUT it was missing something. Coming from a stage 2 turbo 335, the noise/go aspect wasnt there. Not taking away anything from the 45's at all just needed a bit more.

Was on the forums one day and say Auto Talent post a threat about the Frequency Intelligent exhaust for our cars and immediately emailed him. Golan was super quick to respond with pricing and after exchanging a few emails I decided to pull the trigger on a catless down pipe and the valved exhaust! Shipping was extremely fast. Between the time I placed my order and the exhaust being made and shipped was less than 2 weeks!

Dropped my car off to a local friend who did the install of both the exhaust and tune. The ecu removal with very simple and easy and the turn around time was exactly as quoted (3 days). The exhaust install took 4-5 hours and i believe it would have been quicker if there was instructions on how to use wire the control box. That was the only issue but we finally managed to get it squared away and my god was the wait worth it!

This exhaust is simply amazing. I imagined it being loud all the time but that is NOT the case. With the valves closed and in auto (with them set to 3k rpm to open) the noise around town and on the HW is stock. There is absolutely 0 drone at all. I took the car on a 3-4 hour trip this weekend and would happily do it again, thats how subdued it is. Valved open, well that is another story. The car sounds Godly as described by a buddy. It is LOUD. Everything is now 100x more amplified...upshifts are wild, downshift pops and crackles sound like gun shot and I love it. I find myself upshift and downshifting like a child just to hear it.

Now the tune....I had never heard of PP Performance but I'd recommend throwing them into your search. Off boost or in comfort mode, the car is stock feeling but with better throttle response and seemily no more DCT issues Throw is into sport or manual my god boost hits hard and the gears go quick. I will try to get dyno numbers and Vbox data for precise data but this car is an absolute animal!

Exhaust Pros/Cons
Valves give you the best of both worlds
Quality
Control box allows infinite adjust ability on when valves open
Gives the car a savage sound to go with the engine

Cons: catless smell, no instructions for anything (would have been nice for the install and on how to program the box)

Tunes Pros/Cons
Very driveable and seems to fix all the trans hiccups, rocket fast, smooth

Cons: boost now comes on around 3k, thats the only complaint i have honestly.

To anyone looking for an exhaust, tune, or anything definitely check AUTO TALENT out.

Will add videos in the near future as my go pro took a tumble off the car

Auto Talent + FI Exhaust + PP Performance Tune = &lt;3-image1-1-.jpg

Auto Talent + FI Exhaust + PP Performance Tune = &lt;3-image3.jpg

Auto Talent + FI Exhaust + PP Performance Tune = &lt;3-image4.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Auto Talent + FI Exhaust + PP Performance Tune = &lt;3-image2.jpg   Auto Talent + FI Exhaust + PP Performance Tune = &lt;3-image5.jpg  

Last edited by RidgefieldCla43; 05-24-2016 at 07:19 PM.