CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Questions about my new CLA 45 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG
Questions about my new CLA 45 AMG

Hey guys, I just bought a brand new CLA 45 and had a few questions.

Firstly, my dealership told me that I only had to change the oil every 20,000km or once a year. Is this recommended? from what I have heard you should do the first oil change after the few hundred km on many cars, does this not need to be done on this one?

I would like to put a blow off valve on the car but I read somewhere that because of some special programming it wouldn't be good, is this true?

Will this car have a check engine or other problems if I delete the cat and resonator?

And suggestions on worthwhile first mods to do on the car?
Old 08-08-2017, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 45 AMG
First strict to less than 15k km and 1 year exchange period.
Blow off is not needed AMG constructed the engine w/o it for a reason. If you're going to push 2+bar boost levels with the turbine then maybe you're going to need it.
No problems removing down-pipe and mid-pipe here, no errors or check engine are appearing was also aware of this as the mapping was 200km away and software intervention(remove) was not possible on-site while the hardware was exchanged.

Hybrid turbo

Last edited by DStealth; 08-08-2017 at 02:58 AM.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by Lex-
Hey guys, I just bought a brand new CLA 45 and had a few questions.

Firstly, my dealership told me that I only had to change the oil every 20,000km or once a year. Is this recommended? from what I have heard you should do the first oil change after the few hundred km on many cars, does this not need to be done on this one?

I would like to put a blow off valve on the car but I read somewhere that because of some special programming it wouldn't be good, is this true?

Will this car have a check engine or other problems if I delete the cat and resonator?

And suggestions on worthwhile first mods to do on the car?
I would just listen to whatever Mercedes says. They know a lot more about these engines than we do. A blow off valve is not going to hurt your car. It's not a necessary mod but no problems adding one.

First mod for me would be an intake. Next would be a downpipe/exhaust and tune.