CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

thinking about getting a CLA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2017 | 09:04 PM

2004 mercedes c240
thinking about getting a CLA

Been wanting to upgrade to an AMG for a while now but couldn't find exactly what i'm looking for. I looked around on this forum and couldn't find much about how people liked their CLA. If any owners can chime in and give some feedback that would be great. Thanks
Old 11-26-2017 | 01:42 PM

Honda CRV
I am in the same boat you are in. I test drove a 2014 and liked it, but was not sure about the reliability of the CLA45. Also the one I test drove was from an independent dealership so I would have to purchase a 3rd party warranty. It would be nice to hear from current owners. Its shame no current owners have provided you with their feedback on their cars.
Old 11-26-2017 | 07:01 PM

2014 ML63 AMG, 2018 C63S AMG, AUDI RS6
Originally Posted by pkalhan
I am in the same boat you are in. I test drove a 2014 and liked it, but was not sure about the reliability of the CLA45. Also the one I test drove was from an independent dealership so I would have to purchase a 3rd party warranty. It would be nice to hear from current owners. Its shame no current owners have provided you with their feedback on their cars.
Hey Guys,

Hope all is well. I've had the pleasure of driving my sister's A45 AMG EDT 1 back in Melbourne over the last 3 years and I have only one word "WOW". Yes I know the A45 and the CLA45 are a tad different but have the same setup over all but she's not encountered any major problems over the span of her ownership. Other owners that i know of also have no issues other than fast brake pad wear and tire wear on their CLA / A45 AMG vehicle due to spirited driving. Keep in mind the M133 engine is virtually a bullet proof power plant , so long as you maintain the vehicle regularly, I trust you'll be fine.

That being said, I've not personally had any issues with any of the AMG vehicles I've owned and I've decided to pick myself up a late 2017 CLA45 AMG Night Edition that has just arrived the dealership over the weekend. I'm excited to be in a 4 cylinder turbo vehicle for a change. I picked it over the Volkswagen Golf R and Audi S3 / RS3 because we have monkeys for mechanics at those dealers, plus I've also never had a bad experience with my dealer support with our vehicles.

Good luck with your vehicle decision making process and have a great week.
Old 12-25-2017 | 08:58 PM
VII

2016 S65, 2014 SLK55 (Previous 2013 SLK350, 2008 CLS63, 2006 E350, 2006 CLS500, 2005 C230K)
I have not owned one but have driven one quite a few times.
Engine and driving dynamics are great, really like the engine.
The looks are also good but it does look a bit small.
However I would not get one because of:
1. The interior "fit and finish" looks like that of the lowest entry level (because it is) and not comparable with even the C class
2. The seats, what's up with those seats?
3. Too small, personal space too limited