CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Subframe Alignment?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
Subframe Alignment?

I just finished installing my Bilstein coilovers, installed mode 12.5mm wheel spacers to all wheels, had a wheel alignment and all wheels balanced.. Drives and handles very well

I was measuring wheel gap, poke etc.. the other day in my garage and of course admiring how much better the car looks now and I noticed the front wheels are not the same distance from the fender (not the wheel gap, but the offset). The driver side wheel is nearly perfectly flush with the fender, while the passenger wheel is inset about 1/4 inch more. I thought this was weird and googled it of course. Subframe alignment is what keeps coming up. I'm assuming the CLAs do have subframe alignment? Thanks
Old 04-28-2020, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
Alright, I talked to the dealership who told me there isn't much adjustment with the subframes in these cars. What could be causing the driver side wheel to stick out further than the passenger wheel? The car tracks straight, so the alignment must me good. The dealership did say that you can adjust the wheel in and out by loosening the 2 bolts at the bottom of the strut as there is some play. Has anyone had this issue before?
Old 05-23-2020, 04:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLA45 mit optionz; MS6 8 port & stuff
Originally Posted by jmila713
Alright, I talked to the dealership who told me there isn't much adjustment with the subframes in these cars. What could be causing the driver side wheel to stick out further than the passenger wheel? The car tracks straight, so the alignment must me good. The dealership did say that you can adjust the wheel in and out by loosening the 2 bolts at the bottom of the strut as there is some play. Has anyone had this issue before?
Thats very tru, not much adjustment.
I would go back to the dealer, make sure its an AMG certified dealer, not all are, you know. have them add a 5mm spacer to the pass side, then realign it