CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

'18 AMG CLA 45 for Sale: Good Deal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 02:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 AMG C63
'18 AMG CLA 45 for Sale: Good Deal?

There is a 2018 AMG CLA 45 for sale in Palm Beach, Florida, from a Hertz dealer with 10K miles, and asking $41,953, plus an additional $799 dealer fee. From the pictures the car looks to be in great condition, but then, on the Internet a lot vehicle look like a 10, right? This car has the yellow trim on the tires, interior, seats, and gray racing stripe over the hood going towards the driver. Overall I think the car looks sharp. A couple of things holding me back are, one, the price - I would really like to get the car for less, like $40,000. Second, I can't confirm if the vehicle has Android Auto or not, and I really like that feature. Maybe not enough for not having it being a deal breaker but it is on my short list of things I'd like to have. Three, I currently have a 2018 Cadillac ATS-V Championship Edition and the dealer seems like that actually give me a halfway decent price on trade. But how would the performance of the AMG CLA 45 be compared to the ATS-V? I'm okay giving up the track prowess of the ATS-V, because I don't plan to track the AMG CLA 45, and here in central Florida all the roads are flat and straight. But I do like acceleration. How is the AMG CLA 45 compared to the ATS-V? I see in various reviews that the AMG CLA 45 is rated 0-60 running four seconds flat, compared to the 3.8 for the ATS-V. That close is really only useful for arm chair racing and bragging rights, the same thing for top end speed. So given all this, does the AMG CLA 45 seem like a good deal, and would I not regret (much) trading in my ATS-V for it? By the way, I did lease a '17 AMG C63 for a few months, so I am accustomed to the AMG family.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 AMG C63
Hmmm, not a very active sub-group.