SELL E COUPE / BUY CLA 45S???? HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 02:47 PM
EFO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E 300 coupe 2017
SELL E COUPE / BUY CLA 45S???? HELP

I drive E 300 coupe 2017 245hp (No airmatic suspension) / I want amg level performance, So I became intrested in CLA45s 421hp... In my country I cannot buy higher class amg cuz CLA45s is already expensive enough. So should I sell my E class coupe and buy CLA45s??? Went to a dealer and he said;
If you go from E class to CLA you will immediately regret your decision; In terms of size, comfort, material quality you will be upset and sell your CLA, you better buy new E350 coupe. What do you guys think? Performance and looks of CLA is nuts, will that performance make up for these negative things? Any of you been in both cars? Please help... (Cannot test CLA 45s thats why I am asking)
Old 07-26-2020, 10:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 AMG C63
Originally Posted by EFO
I drive E 300 coupe 2017 245hp (No airmatic suspension) / I want amg level performance, So I became intrested in CLA45s 421hp... In my country I cannot buy higher class amg cuz CLA45s is already expensive enough. So should I sell my E class coupe and buy CLA45s??? Went to a dealer and he said;
If you go from E class to CLA you will immediately regret your decision; In terms of size, comfort, material quality you will be upset and sell your CLA, you better buy new E350 coupe. What do you guys think? Performance and looks of CLA is nuts, will that performance make up for these negative things? Any of you been in both cars? Please help... (Cannot test CLA 45s thats why I am asking)
First of all, I am possibly in the market for a MB AMG CLA 45 as well. But instead of an E350, I currently own an '18 Cadillac ATS-V Championship Edition coupe. I posted a couple of days ago, so that I could hopefully obtain advice from members here about an '18 MB AMG CLA 45 that is currently for sale and I'm interested in. I haven't received on reply. This particular sub forum does not appear to be very active, plus it is cluttered with vendor posts. Having said that, I really don't see how a MB E350 coupe would be a better choice to an AMG CLA 45, if you're really looking for AMG performance and prestige. Perhaps if you're looking for more refinement, luxury, tech, etc.? If that's the case I would be looking at other vehicles as well. Anyway, let's keep tabs with one another and possibly trade notes.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:34 PM
EFO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E 300 coupe 2017
But CLA has improved quality drastically. Material quality increased as far as know. Plus my car does not have airmatic, I am expecting similar level of comfort. Any of you been in both cars?? (I am 186cm)
Old 07-30-2020, 08:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 AMG C63
Originally Posted by EFO
But CLA has improved quality drastically. Material quality increased as far as know. Plus my car does not have airmatic, I am expecting similar level of comfort. Any of you been in both cars?? (I am 186cm)
I'm not familiar with an airmatic suspension. My ATS-V has the Magnetic Ride Control suspension and handling control on the fly. Cadillac is well known for this with their CTS-V and ATS-V and has sold this technology to some other car manufacturers. So if I sell my ATS-V I will miss that. But I am intrigued about the AMG CLA 45 and its hot little turbo four. I've heard a lot of good things about it.