CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Mercedes me not working in car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 AMG CLA 45
Mercedes me not working in car

Does anyone have issue with Mercedes Me in the Car? My app works. But the car doesn't recognize me. Dealer is clueless. Atlanta customer service is clueless. Its been escalated to the mothership in Germany. The car is awesome but I am annoyed. Any ideas please let me know. 2020 AMG CLA 45.
Thanks
Old 07-31-2020, 04:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLA45 mit optionz; MS6 8 port & stuff
Originally Posted by firsttimerbenz
Does anyone have issue with Mercedes Me in the Car? My app works. But the car doesn't recognize me. Dealer is clueless. Atlanta customer service is clueless. Its been escalated to the mothership in Germany. The car is awesome but I am annoyed. Any ideas please let me know. 2020 AMG CLA 45.
Thanks

HeHe

sorry for your luck, It pissed me off also when I first got the car, and cared.

Its a poo app, soup to nuts.
Uninstall it, forget it exists. Be happier
Old 08-03-2020, 07:34 AM

Received 145 Likes on 120 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Your problem is not unique to AMG vehicles and you would get a lot more response (and find a lot more info about this) if you posted outside the AMG-specific forum.

Mercedes Me is an embarrassingly bad app, and the support team is completely incompetent. I installed it three years ago when I bought my car and it has never been fully functional for more than a day or two the entire time. There have been periods of months where literally none of the app's features worked. They have an extensive history on file for me about this problem, but have never fixed it. Tech support says it's the car, and the dealer says it's the app because there's nothing wrong with the car.

A few weeks ago, I started receiving communications from MB urging me to "renew" my mbrace service, which expired yesterday. Now every feature in the app is unavailable; although they tout the app as "free", all of its functionality is tied to an active mbrace subscription; if you don't pay for mbrace (which starts at $199/year), all of the app's features are disabled. I told them I wasn't going to pay for the service when the app was either partially or completely nonfunctional throughout the entire "complementary" period.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:58 PM

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Originally Posted by firsttimerbenz
Thanks
I drive a 2020 GLC300 but I am posting here because the search for "Me problems in the car" came up with post. The other day I did manual map updates which I had no trouble with and while I was on the website I noticed that I had not updated some of the service. I did the updates and everything took. Then I remembered that there was the ME app in the car. I really haven't paid any attention to it but decided to take a look. As you can see my ID appears but the My Services fails.

If you call the Concierge services, they will put you in contact with Customer Support that will tell you that this is a known problem. They issued a CMS reference number. I was told it will take 24-48 hrs to correct. A copy of the email is below the photos. I'll send an update asap.

From: me-connect.usa@cac.mercedes-benz.com <me-connect.usa@cac.mercedes-benz.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2020 11:20 AM
To: d@bellsouth.net
Subject: Mercedes me connect Support. Ref: CMS xxxxxxxxxxxx
Ref: CMS xxxxxxxxxx
Your contact person: Br Me
Dear Mr S,
Thank you for contacting Mercedes me connect regarding the issue you are having with your MB apps. Please reply to this email with a picture of the error you receive on the screen of your vehicle
In case you have any further questions about this request, please do not hesitate to contact us with reference to CMS xxxxxxxxxxx.
Kind Regards,
BrMe
Mercedes me connect Support
Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center, 1 Mercedes-Benz Dr, Sandy Springs, GA 30328 USA
This email, including any attachments, may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you are not the addressee please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete it. We thank you for your support.