CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

ISO Muffler section delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cla45 ang
ISO Muffler section delete

Morning everyone. I own a 2018 CLA45 currently stage 2 Eurocharged with weistec intake, akra catless DP and both resonators deleted off stock midpipe(non-AMG exhaust). So I’m sure the stock muffler is restricting me quite a bit. I’ve been playing with the idea of trying to get a straight Y pipe to replace the muffler to see a power/sound difference. Of course flames are always fun too. I would like the Y pipe to have a flange of course so I can swap muffler/straight pipes if needed. I’m located in NJ, USA. If anyone has any info or recommendations let me know!👍🏻
Old 05-10-2021, 02:46 AM

2014 CLA45 AMG
Actually, the only difference between the AMG "performance" exhaust and the non-performance exhaust are the resonators! The non performance exhaust came with 2 big resonators, while the performance exhaust came with one smaller resonator close to the muffler.

Unless you want LOUD all the time, I would leave the stock muffler on. When you go in sport mode, it opens up the valve and is practically a straight pipe anyway. At least now you have the option to put it back in comfort and quiet it back down. You don't gain much hp from removing the stock exhaust, maybe 6hp if that.

Last edited by Baby45AMG; 05-10-2021 at 02:49 AM.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:30 AM

cla45 ang
My muffler does not have an active valve, I went looking around down there a few times just cleaning and what not.
And as for the restriction, I’d say in any case the muffler is certainly more restrictive than any resonator. As the resonators as simply straight through piping surrounded by baffling. Either way I’ve deleted both resonators. Leaving just the exhaust being the last restrictive piece. Being catless and tuned, removing that restriction would certainly yield a notable gain. Mainly looking for the delete section to get the most out of a dyno session.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:11 PM

2016 MB CLA45 AMG
This is the route I am going myself next Monday. If it is stupid loud, I will just add a small resonator back on. Catless and with the resonators off it seems quiet for my taste. I have been looking for a Ypipe but couldn't find anything myself. Keep us posted if you do though!
Old 05-11-2021, 05:11 PM

cla45 ang
Originally Posted by ViolentViolet45
This is the route I am going myself next Monday. If it is stupid loud, I will just add a small resonator back on. Catless and with the resonators off it seems quiet for my taste. I have been looking for a Ypipe but couldn't find anything myself. Keep us posted if you do though!
I’m on the same boat, straight piped up to the stock muffler. It’s loud enough right now. Looking for the muffler delete section solely for a dyno session.