FIRST ALUMINUM SIDE MIRROS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB CLA45 AMG
FIRST ALUMINUM SIDE MIRROS?

MATCHING THE GRILLE FINISH.

Hi there. This is my very first post, and it´s from Chile. Sorry for my English; I´m not a native English speaker.
I decided to give my new toy a different look, never seen by me in the MB world (perhaps there are others, but I just never saw any even when searching in google). I took the idea from my toy car (Porsche Boxster) which was offered with an option of half aluminum side mirror.
I really like the results. It´s barely distinguible from far from the white ones, but if you get closer, you´ll notice the color and if you get even closer, the texture. (That was my goal, different, but not "ricer", a term I stole from my past BMW life).
I used a can of spray paint "rust oleum" brand. It´s aluminum metallic, but MATE finish. If you use brilliant paint, you will end with silver mirrors, and they will look like borrowed from a silver color Mercedes.

As my adventure started with a bus smashing my right mirror, and have to replace the embedded signal led strip, I also decided to replace both sides with aftermarket "dynamic" ones (i.e. sequential).

These are the results (pictures and a video). Hope you like them (or hate them), but all comments are welcome. I painted them today, so they still will lose some shine over the next weeks.

Next month will try to post an engineering path to achieve 450HP (and not get cheated by aftermarket parts miracles). I´m already at some 420.

Right side from far

right side (close)

Left side (close)
Attached Files
File Type: mpeg
20210420_150536.mpeg (7.62 MB, 10 views)

Last edited by southerndeal; 04-21-2021 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Better understanding of the goal.