CLA 45 AMG (C118) 2019 to Present

SiriusXM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S3
SiriusXM

Does anyone know how to install SiriusXM / satellite radio on the car? Just got my car and found out it’s not equipped with satellite radio because i didn’t get the $460 SiriusXM 6 month All Access Trial, which wasn’t even a listed option when I ordered the car in July. It’s unbelievable that MB wants to charge $460 to equip your car with satellite radio and 6 month trial that’s free and available to every other new car out there.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:02 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
CLA45
Originally Posted by hellohello
Does anyone know how to install SiriusXM / satellite radio on the car? Just got my car and found out it’s not equipped with satellite radio because i didn’t get the $460 SiriusXM 6 month All Access Trial, which wasn’t even a listed option when I ordered the car in July. It’s unbelievable that MB wants to charge $460 to equip your car with satellite radio and 6 month trial that’s free and available to every other new car out there.
The short answer is no. I agree with you. Like parking sensors or lack thereof on a car with a MSRP just under 79k.

You can use the XM app and play it through Apple Car Play.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2020 Cla 45 AMG
I disagree with both of you, respectfully. I asked them to take it off when I saw the charge and they did not install it.

With bluetooth and car play integration for free you would be crazy not to use the vastly superior services which integrate with your phone.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:29 PM

CLA45
Originally Posted by Atticous
I disagree with both of you, respectfully. I asked them to take it off when I saw the charge and they did not install it.

With bluetooth and car play integration for free you would be crazy not to use the vastly superior services which integrate with your phone.
" removing it" is a software issue, installing it requires a hardware and software update. Unfortunately dealers are not equipped to do the hardware, I got that directly from Mercedes. I would love to be wrong and add it myself.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2020 Cla 45 AMG
Then I stand partially corrected---that is bull****. However, you need to check out streaming services through a smart phone.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:01 AM

CLA45
Originally Posted by Atticous
Then I stand partially corrected---that is bull****. However, you need to check out streaming services through a smart phone.
I think I said that in my first reply. That is how I listen to XM now but I would have preferred a built in system, I agree with the OP, XM is on a 17K Corolla , then so again are parking sensors. I get they included 6 months of service but who cares...Mini offers 1 year!