Notices
CLA 45 AMG (C118) 2019 to Present

Dealer Spec'ed car with everything but Dynamic Package Plus (C118) HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 05:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLA 45 (C118)
Exclamation Dealer Spec'ed car with everything but Dynamic Package Plus (C118) HELP

Hey, how are you guys I'm kinda new here? So here's my little dilemma. I recently just purchased the c118 AMG 45 and for some absurd reason, the dealer individual chose every option in the dynamic plus package without picking the package itself. Thus, I have the AMG drive unit, the raised top speed, the 3 stage suspension, the track app, and the Alcantara steering wheel, ect. The problem here is that the one thing you can not individually spec is the Race and Drift Modes. My car is in fact a 4matic+ and I should have all the necessary hardware to be able to have Race and Drift mode however I don't have the software for it. Is this something a master Mercedes tech can activate via OBD2 or some other way? There has to be away, it should just be software unless there is something crucial I don't know.

Secondary Question: Would swapping my ECU with the ECU of a totaled CLA 45 with Race and Drift mode be compatible with my car?
Old 03-05-2021, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 C300 Sedan w/ AMG Line & Night Package; 1992 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo 2+0 (PROJECT)
Originally Posted by SebastianSierra
Hey, how are you guys I'm kinda new here? So here's my little dilemma. I recently just purchased the c118 AMG 45 and for some absurd reason, the dealer individual chose every option in the dynamic plus package without picking the package itself. Thus, I have the AMG drive unit, the raised top speed, the 3 stage suspension, the track app, and the Alcantara steering wheel, ect. The problem here is that the one thing you can not individually spec is the Race and Drift Modes. My car is in fact a 4matic+ and I should have all the necessary hardware to be able to have Race and Drift mode however I don't have the software for it. Is this something a master Mercedes tech can activate via OBD2 or some other way? There has to be away, it should just be software unless there is something crucial I don't know.

Secondary Question: Would swapping my ECU with the ECU of a totaled CLA 45 with Race and Drift mode be compatible with my car?
You should reach back out to the dealer. Most likely they will have to submit a request/ticket to have the option codes updated for your vehicle to reflect the option that he didn't choose the first time around. Once that is updated in the system (your codes for your VIN) they should be able to correct this by reflashing and/or whatever process they have.
The following users liked this post:
SebastianSierra (03-31-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 11:20 AM

CLA 45 (C118)
Hey, I just wanted to give a little update. A member reached out to me and put me in contact with RJ Automotive. He is based in London and he sells a package that includes a remote OBD2 and an online session where he remotely accesses your car from anywhere (I am from Florida). Like I said in my last post, I didn't have Race or Drift mode. He not only activated Race and Drift mode for me (I did have the hardware in my car spec to be able to unlock drift mode "4matic +") but he also activated the exhaust valve control on my AMG drive unit which I didn't have access too. He also activated a European Highbeam feature where the LED's individually move and turn on and off when there is a corner and or a car on the opposite lane. (US spec LED high beams just turn on and off when it encounters another car, it doesn't individually turn off the headlight LEDs accordingly) (but correct me if I'm wrong). RJ Automotive was extremely professional and easy to communicate with through WhatsApp. I am writing this as an incredibly satisfied customer. He did not pay or compensate me in any way. His website has his WhatsApp phone number as well as the other services he offers. 10/10 review from me and with Race mode and Drift mode my CLA45 feels like a completely different beast.

https://www.rjautomotive.net/

Last edited by SebastianSierra; 03-31-2021 at 10:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
USCAMG (03-30-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S3
Originally Posted by SebastianSierra
Hey, I just wanted to give a little update. A member reached out to me and put me in contact with RJ Automotive. He is based in London and he sells a package that includes a remote OBD2 and an online session where he remotely accesses your car from anywhere (I am from Florida). Like I said in my last post, I didn't have Race or Drift mode. He not only activated Race and Drift mode for me (I did have the hardware in my car spec to be able to unlock drift mode "4matic +") but he also activated the exhaust valve control on my AMG drive unit which I didn't have access too. He also activated a European Highbeam feature where the LED's individually move and turn on and off when there is a corner and or a car on the opposite lane. (US spec LED high beams just turn on and off when it encounters another car, it doesn't individually turn off the headlight LEDs accordingly) (but correct me if I'm wrong). RJ Automotive was extremely professional and easy to communicate with through WhatsApp. I am writing this as an incredibly satisfied customer. He did not pay or compensate me in any way. His website has his WhatsApp phone number as well as the other services he offers. 10/10 review from me and I with Race mode and Drift mode my CLA45 feels like a completely different beast.

https://www.rjautomotive.net/
Mind sharing the pricing?
Old 03-31-2021, 09:42 AM

CLA 45 (C118)
Yes, the remote OBD was 140 euros (with a private session and 5 activations), and separately to activate the race and drift mode it was another 150 euros I believe. He has pricing on his website. Personally, as I said in my first post, the dealer selected every option in the dynamic plus package individually without actually selecting the package; and if I add up the price of the drive unit (400), performance DINAMICA steering wheel (400), increased top speed (1400), 3 stage suspension (990), and track pace app (250), individually it adds up to be $3440. The Dynamic Plus Package as a whole is $4300. So in total, you save around $500-$1000 (depending on how your car is spec'ed) and you still get Race and Drift mode. That's how I justified the price. Also, he's the only one that I have personally offer this service at all. So far I've had the activation for around a month or so and it still works perfectly and I am super happy still.

https://www.rjautomotive.net/store/

Last edited by SebastianSierra; 03-31-2021 at 10:35 AM.