CLA 45 AMG (C118) 2019 to Present

CLA 45 (US) vs CLA 45s (EU) Hardware Differences (C118) Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 05:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLA 45 (C118)
Exclamation CLA 45 (US) vs CLA 45s (EU) Hardware Differences (C118) Question

Hey guys, I'm new here. So obviously before you crucify me, yes I know the 45 (US) and 45s (EU) have different HP and TQ and there are various emmision differences in the exhaust. However, my question is what exactly is giving the 45s an extra 40+ hp and 20 tq. Is it as simple as a tune Mercedes made for the 45s or did they also beef up the internals. From what I understand, it should only be software. Enlighten me please. And would raising the Hp and Tq to the Europen variant decrease reliability dramatically? In a sense, sure it will decrease reliability but hasn't the car proven it can indeed handle the increased hp and tq. Should I tune via a reliable tuner to the EU spec is what I'm trying to say lol.
Old 03-05-2021, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 C300 Sedan w/ AMG Line & Night Package; 1992 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo 2+0 (PROJECT)
Originally Posted by SebastianSierra
Hey guys, I'm new here. So obviously before you crucify me, yes I know the 45 (US) and 45s (EU) have different HP and TQ and there are various emmision differences in the exhaust. However, my question is what exactly is giving the 45s an extra 40+ hp and 20 tq. Is it as simple as a tune Mercedes made for the 45s or did they also beef up the internals. From what I understand, it should only be software. Enlighten me please. And would raising the Hp and Tq to the Europen variant decrease reliability dramatically? In a sense, sure it will decrease reliability but hasn't the car proven it can indeed handle the increased hp and tq. Should I tune via a reliable tuner to the EU spec is what I'm trying to say lol.
I would imagine it's in the tune. I would reach out to a shop that specializes in tuning these cars and ask there.
Old 08-17-2021, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA 45
I read that the S version uses the AC for additional turbo cooling, so it's a little more engaged than just a flash tune.
The following users liked this post:
sjp3003 (09-21-2023)
Old 08-18-2021, 12:52 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Merc
I'm lead to believe the 45 engine is the same as the 45S. The only difference is the 45 (US) isn't tuned as aggressively because the USA is thought to have poorer quality fuel than Europe.
The following users liked this post:
VFORCE09 (10-07-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 10:02 AM

CLA 45 (C118)
Yes, I've also confirmed this with a tuning company in Germany called Opus, which I believe used to be Renntech. Now I guess the only thing is.... is that system solely software or is there hardware involved. I would assume in this case both.
Old 10-07-2021, 01:36 AM

Mercedes GL 63
We have compared vins on the non-s and the s and the only noticeable difference is the tune.
Old 12-13-2021, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subaru WRX STI - 2018
Can you buy the 45s Tune from Europe Anywhere? I know you can go to tuning houses, but I would assume getting a straight copy of a Merceds Tune would be the safest tune.