Notices
CLA 45 AMG (C118) 2019 to Present

CLA 45 on order - how limited is production?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 08:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLA 45
CLA 45 on order - how limited is production?

Just put a deposit on an allocation a dealer had which we could still modify the spec of (want to go with a "reasonably priced" CLA 45 [about $63k] vs some of the super crazy specs). My dealer is one of the highest volume in the two states I live near and had two cars allocated to them between now and end of 2021 (both 2022 builds).

Anyone know how many CLA 45s are coming to the US a year, seems like they are super limited production (hoping that bodes well for depreciation).

Anyway -- very excited (moving on from a '19 Alfa Romeo Guilia (2.0L/4cyl, which has been fun back lacks the refinement and noise of the AMG)
The following users liked this post:
rlniland (07-26-2021)
Old 07-08-2021, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2022 CLA45
Congrats on the order! May I ask whether you were able to get any sort of discount on your custom build?
I just started talking to a few dealerships and so far none has been willing to go below MSRP, I am also looking into a custom build.
Thanks!
Old 07-08-2021, 01:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLA 45
Originally Posted by paris7sa
Congrats on the order! May I ask whether you were able to get any sort of discount on your custom build?
I just started talking to a few dealerships and so far none has been willing to go below MSRP, I am also looking into a custom build.
Thanks!
I am paying MSRP, which I was okay with vs the haggle/travel to save a bit. This was the only CLA 45 they had on allocation (they are the largest MB dealer in my area/state) and since I wanted a 'lower cost' spec ($63k) vs the crazy ones out there I was okay with it. Could I have saved a few k running around, probably, worth it, probably not.

Wouldn't get a deal like I did on my Alfa ($10k off a $57k MSRP) because, well, its an Alfa and there were a lot on the lot, vs a CLA 45 of which there are none within a few states of me.
Old 07-08-2021, 03:04 PM

2022 CLA45
Originally Posted by jeff.clt
I am paying MSRP, which I was okay with vs the haggle/travel to save a bit. This was the only CLA 45 they had on allocation (they are the largest MB dealer in my area/state) and since I wanted a 'lower cost' spec ($63k) vs the crazy ones out there I was okay with it. Could I have saved a few k running around, probably, worth it, probably not.

Wouldn't get a deal like I did on my Alfa ($10k off a $57k MSRP) because, well, its an Alfa and there were a lot on the lot, vs a CLA 45 of which there are none within a few states of me.
Appreciate the response!
Old 07-10-2021, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 563 Posts
N/A
If you look at this NHTSA document regarding the recent MBUX software update recall, it says 852 CLA 45 cars were produced. That isn't going to account for the cars that were produced after the updated software was put into the production process, but it gives you a good idea of how many there are out there because this recall applies to all MBUX cars.
There's also less than 20 new and used 2020-2021 CLA 45 cars on Autotrader right now.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:42 PM

2022 AMG CLA45 on order
Congratulations on your order! I ordered/placed deposit on a 2022 AMG CLA 45 in your price range on 4/27 with Mercedes of Hagerstown MD. My allotment was accepted on 6/11 and my production date is mid-October. The Sales Manager says I should take delivery the 1st half of November. I'm also paying MSRP. Hopefully there won't be any delays!