CLA 45 AMG (C118) 2019 to Present

I need wheel and tire ins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 11:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
cla45 amg
I need wheel and tire ins

Newbie here. Sorry I can’t figure out all functions of this forum. I just bought 2018 cpo cla45 amg and purchased wheel amd tire insurance from dealer for 3500 for 5 years. I have a feeling I overpaid and wondering how to get same insurance for less. Any help appreciated. Not even sure I can cancel my current policy. Anyway. I hate the feeling of being ripped off. So hope someone can help. Thanks.

Old 11-14-2021, 04:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 CLA 45 AMG
$3500 is probably on the upper end, but each insurance is different in what they cover and the exclusions in the fine print. Most states will allow for a cancellation period of some sort, so you should look into that in case you decide to change your mind.

I bought a new CLA 45 recently, and I called a lot of different dealers, and I got mixed results. About half said they couldn't sell me the insurance because it needs to be purchased at the same time as the car. Here are the quotes I received last month from dealers who would sell it to me:
  • From selling dealer, underwritten by SecureRoad - $1,300 for 3 years
  • From local dealer, underwritten by Roadvantage - $2,500 for 5 years
  • From local dealer, underwritten by Fidelity - $2,900 for 5 years (but also includes dent wizard, windshield chips, and lost keys)
  • From out of state dealer, underwritten by IAS - $2480 (list price) for 5 years
Feel free to DM me if you want more specifics.

Last edited by JRuby; 11-14-2021 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-14-2021, 08:11 PM

cla45 amg
Originally Posted by JRuby
$3500 is probably on the upper end, but each insurance is different in what they cover and the exclusions in the fine print. Most states will allow for a cancellation period of some sort, so you should look into that in case you decide to change your mind.

I bought a new CLA 45 recently, and I called a lot of different dealers, and I got mixed results. About half said they couldn't sell me the insurance because it needs to be purchased at the same time as the car. Here are the quotes I received last month from dealers who would sell it to me:
  • From selling dealer, underwritten by SecureRoad - $1,300 for 3 years
  • From local dealer, underwritten by Roadvantage - $2,500 for 5 years
  • From local dealer, underwritten by Fidelity - $2,900 for 5 years (but also includes dent wizard, windshield chips, and lost keys)
  • From out of state dealer, underwritten by IAS - $2480 (list price) for 5 years
Feel free to DM me if you want more specifics.
thank you for replying. My insurance is via MB I will have to check who underwrites.

wonder how big of a pain it is to go to MB for tires under a warranty that is not MB though.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 CLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by emtuKnowMe
thank you for replying. My insurance is via MB I will have to check who underwrites.

wonder how big of a pain it is to go to MB for tires under a warranty that is not MB though.
About half of the dealerships I contacted sold MB insurance, but said that the alternative product was cheaper and better. Of course I don't know if this is true, but I never actually received a quote for MB wheel and tire insurance.

As far as I know, all the service departments are familiar with the different insurances. And the non-MB insurance doesn't require you to go to an MB dealer (in case you wanted to go somewhere else).
Old 11-17-2021, 07:27 PM

cla45 amg
wanted to report back here. i reached out to Rafael Dianov at MB of elmbrook. he really went out of his way to get me out of a jam that i created myself when i unknowingly signed up for a bunch of stuff that was put forth by another MB dealer. they really took advantage of me since i came in from out of state to purchase the car and everything was hurried. anyway. rafael got me out of a big problem that was going to cost me a lot of money, and then helped me get the same warranties from MB at about half the price. im very thankful that rafael took my calls and responded to my emails almost immediately despite not knowing me from a hole in the wall. there are still good people in the world!!! RDianov@mbofelmbrook.com if you need to get him. i strongly suggest it if you want to get a reasonable deal on warranties.