‘22 CLA 45 waiting at VPC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 12:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,336 Likes on 1,994 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823
Originally Posted by jeff.clt
Drove a CLA35, liked it -- its what got me to order the 45. But yeah, we'll get ours...someone else got info today via their dealer's MB rep that they are in fact waiting on a component for all these CLA 45's sitting at the port. So thats some news.
That is indeed good news, keep us all posted if there are more updates.
Old 02-03-2022, 12:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
ML550
Drove a CLA35, liked it -- its what got me to order the 45. But yeah, we'll get ours...someone else got info today via their dealer's MB rep that they are in fact waiting on a component for all these CLA 45's sitting at the port. So thats some news.
I am also waiting on a CLA45 sitting at the VPC since late November. I hope the component (chip?) is worth the extended wait. If it is to make the hands-free trunk release work I would rather have taken delivery instead. It will eventually make it though, I hope.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:24 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Merc
Originally Posted by Gash66
I am also waiting on a CLA45 sitting at the VPC since late November. I hope the component (chip?) is worth the extended wait. If it is to make the hands-free trunk release work I would rather have taken delivery instead. It will eventually make it though, I hope.
I'm sure we will all enjoy these cars when we get them. They're really the only car in their class here. Well actually atleast you guys in the USA can get an RS3. But yeah the wait is annoying. I contacted and spoke to someone at Mercedes Canada yesterday to try and get an answer as to what's going on. Let's see if they actually end up calling me back and giving me an answer.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:26 AM

Merc
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Yup I read an memo shared by someone somewhere (need to find it again) that RS 3 is cancelled and only the RS 3 LMS Track version remains since it doesn't have to meet regulations to be street legal. I assumed it was for the whole North America as Audi Canada likes to follow Audi USA looks like we Canadians are getting the short end of the stick again after all.
Speaking of VAG cancellations in Canada. Heard all 6 speed VW's are cancelled in Canada now as well. A friend got his GTI order cancelled and deposit returned. ****ing Trudeau... lol
Old 02-03-2022, 12:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
Originally Posted by crester
Speaking of VAG cancellations in Canada. Heard all 6 speed VW's are cancelled in Canada now as well. A friend got his GTI order cancelled and deposit returned. ****ing Trudeau... lol
Wait, it is his fault? Why did we vote for him again and again?

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 02-03-2022 at 12:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
crester (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 12:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
Thanks for posting, hopefully your car arrives soon as well.
Old 02-03-2022, 12:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
I'm sure we will all enjoy these cars when we get them. They're really the only car in their class here. Well actually atleast you guys in the USA can get an RS3. But yeah the wait is annoying. I contacted and spoke to someone at Mercedes Canada yesterday to try and get an answer as to what's going on. Let's see if they actually end up calling me back and giving me an answer.
Hopefully the M2 competition comes out quick but the 240i is no slouch though especially how BMW likes to underrate their horsepower figures.
Old 02-06-2022, 12:33 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
CLA45
I dunno man... you seem a bit harsh. RS3 has a really strong engine but otherwise the interior is absolute shiet... looks are meh and the driving dynamics are that of an FWD car. And I have a TT-RS now... which I love... so I have experience with the platform.
The RS3 interior is better than the TTRS as everything has to be packed into the gauge cluster on the TT. That said at least it didn't rattle, both screens on my 2020 45 rattled, as did the door cards and the seats ( I had the 3k dollar versions) the engine was great as was the drive train. But build quality, materials and execution are what one would expect on their base car with a fantastic engine. In fact I believe the engine brought out the crap build quality. It just wasn't made for that power. I spent my money on one, gave it 5 months but I cut my losses when I know I screwed up...luckily C19 made the values artificially high and I did great trading it in.

I know everyone wants to hear sunshine, I sure did but I talked to two 45 owners and they had the exact same concerns.
Old 02-06-2022, 01:29 AM

Merc
Originally Posted by USCAMG
The RS3 interior is better than the TTRS as everything has to be packed into the gauge cluster on the TT. That said at least it didn't rattle, both screens on my 2020 45 rattled, as did the door cards and the seats ( I had the 3k dollar versions) the engine was great as was the drive train. But build quality, materials and execution are what one would expect on their base car with a fantastic engine. In fact I believe the engine brought out the crap build quality. It just wasn't made for that power. I spent my money on one, gave it 5 months but I cut my losses when I know I screwed up...luckily C19 made the values artificially high and I did great trading it in.

I know everyone wants to hear sunshine, I sure did but I talked to two 45 owners and they had the exact same concerns.
You're nuts if you think the RS3 interior is better than the TT-RS. The R8 has the same setup as the TT-RS. does that mean the RS3 interior is better than the R8 too? lol
Old 02-06-2022, 09:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
To be fair (in my opinion) now you are comparing different tiers and a different generation. The new RS 3 is well... new and the TT and R8 has already gone through most of its life cycle, the R8 is a flagship sports coupe so use of materials and stuff are supposed to be different to the entry-level RS 3. The design of TT and RS is also with sport in mind mainly instead of luxury or creature comforts. TT was always meant to be considered a baby R8 but the TT is based on the Golf platform.

In an MB example, sure the new C-Class does look like the new S-Class but the material used is obviously different, they are two different tiers, entry-level vs flagship.

A much more fair comparison (in my opinion) is to compare a W205 C-Class with a W206 C-Class or in audi's case, last gen RS3 vs this gen.
Old 02-06-2022, 12:41 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
CLA45
You're nuts if you think the RS3 interior is better than the TT-RS. The R8 has the same setup as the TT-RS. does that mean the RS3 interior is better than the R8 too? lol
I maybe nuts...but I didn't buy a hairdressers car....uh, lol.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:21 PM

Merc
Originally Posted by USCAMG
I maybe nuts...but I didn't buy a hairdressers car....uh, lol.
Pfft... my car is faster and looks sexier... lol
Old 02-07-2022, 10:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
Pfft... my car is faster and looks sexier... lol
Looks are subjective but since I am biased on MB, I will have to agree on this one but the C118 CLA does look a lot like a Q60 especially the rear taillights that I can't get over with...
Old 02-10-2022, 02:29 PM

ML550
I assume no response from your call? I tried the corporate chat and got no follow up again. I did see on other chat stuff similar frustration with no official communication. All that is doing is creating speculation; worst I have read so far is release end of quarter with delivery in April. Basis was the one at VPCs were built without some chips and are held until they receive the chips. If that is true MB must have rolled the dice on getting chips by December to meet original release dates, and it didn’t happen?
See - just more random speculation with no facts to back up a credible reason and outcome. I wonder if 6 months of winter/spring sitting at VPC gets rid of that great “new car” smell? Maybe a free extended warranty or 3yr service plan could counter that !!!
Old 02-10-2022, 05:14 PM

Merc
I assume no response from your call? I tried the corporate chat and got no follow up again. I did see on other chat stuff similar frustration with no official communication. All that is doing is creating speculation; worst I have read so far is release end of quarter with delivery in April. Basis was the one at VPCs were built without some chips and are held until they receive the chips. If that is true MB must have rolled the dice on getting chips by December to meet original release dates, and it didn’t happen?
See - just more random speculation with no facts to back up a credible reason and outcome. I wonder if 6 months of winter/spring sitting at VPC gets rid of that great “new car” smell? Maybe a free extended warranty or 3yr service plan could counter that !!!
Well my initial call where they said they'd look into it and get back to me didn't get me anywhere. I called back another time and this person said they best they could do was put me in contact with the sales manager for the dealership I ordered from.

Your guess about the reason the cars are being held is what I'm guessing as well. The cars are built... and are basically just sitting in a lot somewhere waiting for a certain component to be added.

I wish Mercedes corporate was more upfront. I know a lot of other companies are in similar situations but are some being more honest. Ford came out last month and said there's a bunch of Bronco's that are going to sit in a field until end of May because they are waiting for a component to come in. It sucks... but atleast the Bronco owners know what's going on with their vehicles.
Old 02-22-2022, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadillac xt6
Any updates?

A CLA 45 showed up on my local dealer page, and I called and put a deposit on it. The dealer said it is waiting at port still. Anyone get their cars yet?
Old 02-23-2022, 01:48 AM

Merc
Originally Posted by zoeZoe33
A CLA 45 showed up on my local dealer page, and I called and put a deposit on it. The dealer said it is waiting at port still. Anyone get their cars yet?
I've only seen people with 2022 CLA45's in the UK. Othrewise everybody else.... atleast in North America is just waiting waiting waiting waiting... and nobody knows why. Atleast you have a deposit on one coming in... so you are set whenever they finally get released... but don't expect to get it any time soon.
Old 03-03-2022, 02:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
GAL35 and CLA45
My car has been sitting at the port since Dec. My dealership called and told me MAYBE mid March they will release my car . We will see
Old 03-03-2022, 02:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLA 45
Maybe is better than "we have no idea". I mean, they will at some point, lol. The waiting is half the fun, right?
Old 03-03-2022, 02:07 PM

Merc
Maybe is better than "we have no idea". I mean, they will at some point, lol. The waiting is half the fun, right?
The waiting is giving me a mental breakdown. lol How are you dealing with it?
Old 03-03-2022, 02:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLA 45
i thinking about all the money i'm not spending yet
Old 03-12-2022, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA 45 AMG
Ordered a 2022 CLA 45 with a loaded spec in early Jan, scheduled March build with a May delivery to the states, but based on this thread, I will most likely be waiting a very very long time.
Old 03-12-2022, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 563 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by Summer59
Ordered a 2022 CLA 45 with a loaded spec in early Jan, scheduled March build with a May delivery to the states, but based on this thread, I will most likely be waiting a very very long time.
On the contrary there's a good chance the VPC will be shipping cars by the time yours gets there, and it will only take a few days to pass though.
Old 03-14-2022, 04:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2022 CLA 45 AMG
I ordered my CLA 45 back in April '21. My car was finally built on Jan 14th, 2022. It made the boat ride over and arrived at Baltimore on 3/8/22. We'll see how long mine sits. My dealer is expecting me to take delivery by the end of the month. You guys have me concerned, anyone get news of their car headed there way?

UPDATE 3/17/22 - Still at VPC waiting no word on a truck yet.

UPDATE 3/22/22 - Spoke to another dealership about another car. During the conversation my CLA45 came up and the salesperson offered to call VPC about the status update of my CLA (they're a MB dealer as well). VPC told them it was waiting on the canards and spoiler that were coming from Germany. In addition, the salesperson "hot listed" the car as a sold unit and it will be pushed to the front of the line except those that are already hot listed. VPC said they expected the part to arrive within 30 days. Another month possibly more depending on how many cars are of ahead mine. I ordered this car last April, so about a year! As for my Ariel Atom 4, it will be 2 years come this May!

UPDATE 3/30/22 - Stopped by the dealer to drop off the RennTech software for them to install and car was sitting on the tech's rack. Taking delivery tomorrow 3/31/22. Clean Bra and window tint next week.

Last edited by Vaders CLA45; 03-30-2022 at 03:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Gash66 (04-02-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 05:47 PM

ML550
Got news my build is released to carrier, dealership eta is end of April. Would be nice to be quicker than 5weeks but it has been at VPC since end Nov so what’s another month between friends !!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ‘22 CLA 45 waiting at VPC