HELP: Vehicle Master Inquiry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2023, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
Exclamation HELP: Vehicle Master Inquiry

Hey all,

I'm brand new to this forum and looking to purchase my first MB - a 2020 CLA 45. I found one at a dealership relatively nearby and requested a history report on the car. They sent me the VMI but as I've never seen one of these before, I don't fully understand what's listed here.

Am I correct in saying this car was a buyback purchased by MB as a lemon? If so, I'll be sure to steer clear.

Any input or clarification would be greatly appreciate - thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CLA45-VMI.pdf (20.2 KB, 67 views)
Old 02-21-2023, 08:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Focus RS 18
Originally Posted by slackervibes
Hey all,

I'm brand new to this forum and looking to purchase my first MB - a 2020 CLA 45. I found one at a dealership relatively nearby and requested a history report on the car. They sent me the VMI but as I've never seen one of these before, I don't fully understand what's listed here.

Am I correct in saying this car was a buyback purchased by MB as a lemon? If so, I'll be sure to steer clear.

I don’t know, based on what you have shared, but you are right to question it. Have run a carfax? Are you buying from a MB dealer? I would think if you are, you could ask them about it and they should be able to clarify or tell you if it means something else.
Old 02-23-2023, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 CLA 45 amg
Originally Posted by slackervibes
Hey all,

Looks like it. I don’t think I’d trust it. Wonder what they did the buyback for. How much are they asking for it and would they provide a CPO warranty?
Old 02-24-2023, 06:25 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Merc
I'm not sure... but also some dealers are "buying back" cars from owners to resell because they think they can make some money reselling it. That's how I got my CLA45.
Old 02-24-2023, 06:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Focus RS 18
Originally Posted by crester
I'm not sure... but also some dealers are "buying back" cars from owners to resell because they think they can make some money reselling it. That's how I got my CLA45.
I think the buyback the OP is worried about is in the context of the car not being repairable or having so many issues that the dealer buys it back. Not in the context of normal trade in which occurs all the time.

I would ask for clarification from the dealer who provided the sheet and would get a carfax. If that doesn’t put your mind at ease I would find another CLA 45 AMG.