Notices
CLA 45 AMG (C118) 2019 to Present

CLA45S Eventuri air intake upgrade won't leave you breathless...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2023, 11:37 PM
SPONSOR

Received 151 Likes on 86 Posts
W205 W213
CLA45S Eventuri air intake upgrade won't leave you breathless...

...and that's a great thing!
The M139 in the CLA45S is one of Mercedes-AMG's most revolutionary new engines to date. It can produce a whopping 421 horsepower with its 2000cc, but that can be pushed even further.
The funny thing is that when they designed this engine, they made use of almost every little bit of space available in its compartment, which meant that designing the air intake for Eventuri, would take some serious skill.

Basically, the layout had to be replanned, so they ended up changing the ECU placement, in order to get more space for their lager airbox, with a higher flow rate.
Eventuri's air intake is made of dry carbon fibre, which we know it has better thermal insulation properties than the original's plastic, reducing air loss but also retaining more oxygen.
Pair that with their patented high-flow Gen2 filter, which makes use of a pressurized air duct, and now you're truly giving the engine what it needs to get that extra power. Combustion efficiency at its finest.
According to Eventuri's lab data, you're supposed to get an hp increase of somewhere between 15 an 18, with no drawback whatsoever.
I will leave 2 photos at the end showing the new location of the ECU for those curious to know.

Enjoy!

As for the ECU, This is the new location:

Old 10-15-2023, 06:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45S
Congrats on the intake! I've only ever heard great things about the Eventuri intake. Is there a big difference in noise inside the cabin?
The following users liked this post:
iCARMIX (10-15-2023)
Old 10-15-2023, 11:59 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
2023 AMG GT 53
Originally Posted by EJV20
Congrats on the intake! I've only ever heard great things about the Eventuri intake. Is there a big difference in noise inside the cabin?
It's a vendor trying to sell, not someone showing off their new itntake
Old 10-15-2023, 10:44 PM
SPONSOR

W205 W213
Originally Posted by Sockinatoaster
It's a vendor trying to sell, not someone showing off their new itntake
I took the car for a test drive, so I can still answer any questions regarding the upgrade.
Although I am listed as a vendor, I am still a car enthusiast and very much a real person
Old 10-15-2023, 11:01 PM
SPONSOR

W205 W213
Originally Posted by EJV20
It's louder, noticeably, but not loud enough for people to complain to me about it hahahah