CLA Coupe (C117) 2014-present

Test Drove one the other day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1963 220Sb
Test Drove one the other day

So I just finally saw and test drove a CLA. Honestly from the outside it looks great. A lot better than photos. Would def not get the standard lights or standard trim, but with the sport package and Bi-Xenons it really looks nice.

The interior was better than I expected actually. The door trimmings are soft touch as is the top of the dash. Everything else is hard plastic but tasteful, even the center area between the seats. One thing that fooled me at first was that the B pillar is covered in fabric almost all the way down which is a nice touch, BUT when I removed my seatbelt and it hit the B pillar it made a horrible hollow cheap sound. Other than that though it is a nice little car.

What I did notice is some models had rear air vents and others did not. It looks like they may be part of the Premium 1 pack.

When not in sport mode, the start is a little slow and rough. Road noise is well dampered. In sport mode you def get a better kick off the line. Also on Eco mode the start/stop is nice but sometimes upon starting it's a little rough.

Trunk space was impressive and rear space was good except for the well documented head room, which I am 6 foot and just fit. Overall though the interior is well screwed together and the materials are not bad. The door trimmings are actually better than the C class, especially on the rear doors.

If I get one though, I think I will def get leather.