CLA Coupe (C117) 2014-present

Only 3 months old & Check engine light appears!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 250
Angry Only 3 months old & Check engine light appears!

So I pre-ordered my CLA 250 (white) in early 2013 and received it in Oct 2013. The next day I noticed my car had hundreds and hundreds of brownish/yellow rusty looking spots in my paint all over my car. I brought it in and they were able to polish it out and decided to apply the IBEX at their expense. Earlier this week, only three months of owning my car a "lovely" Check engine light appears on my dash and 2 days later my Navigation/Radio screen decides to "die" on me. So I bring it in to MB (still currently there) and the diagnostic codes (2 codes) mentioned an error with the Throttle. So the techinician pulls everything apart and of course NOTHING can be replicated nor found even though the computer is shooting out 2 error codes.

So I am here super disappointed that I paid 40k plus for this vehicle and contemplating on whether or not I actually received a Lemon!

At this point they want to keep my car, drive it a couple of hundred of miles to see if they can replicate what the code is describing. Not only are they adding additional mileage to my car but if they cannot replicate this issue I have to take it home the way it is and "hope" it won't happen again or if it does that it happens before my warranty expires? This is my first MB and probably will be my last! This is completed BS for a Brand new car!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 12:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

95 E320 Sportline/ 86 190E 2.3-16/ 05 C55
DONT GET DISCOURAGED NEW CARS ALWAYS HAVE LITTLE BUGS TO BE WORKED OUT ESPECIALLY FIRST YEAR PRODUCTION. THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF ELECTRONICS IN THE ENGINE ALONE THAT HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER FOR EVERYTHING TO BE HAPPY AND SOMETIMES WHEN DESIGNED PARAMETERS ARE SET TO CLOSE AND MB IS PRETTY GOOD ABOUT SUPPORT AND RECTIFYING THESE ISSUES.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Some have paid over $80k for lemons also, so hopefully you are driving a rental that is better than what you bought and enjoy your car when you get it back.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 GLE350
I'm sure MB will make it up to you
Old 02-27-2014, 07:37 AM

E63
Got up this morning wife took our kid to school and check engine light was on. She said she couldn't notice anything out the ordinary. Just sucks car is only a couple months old and already a check engine light. Still not as bad as our Jeep we got a few years ago rear end went out after 6 months lol
Old 02-27-2014, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
Its too soon to claim "lemon".. let MB work it out. Now your pissed off at the Brand since your having problems with you 40k car. This stuff happens with all car brands, sorry it happened to you. Before you say "this is my first and last MB", drive a quality Benz first.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by jen3808
So I pre-ordered my CLA 250 (white) in early 2013 and received it in Oct 2013. The next day I noticed my car had hundreds and hundreds of brownish/yellow rusty looking spots in my paint all over my car.
They werent there when you picked up the car? So it happened while you had it... Why is this their problem? Perhaps you drove through a puddle of deer diarrhea in the road on the way home...