CLA Coupe (C117) 2014-present

New Custom center console, with wireless charging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 cla 250
New Custom center console, with wireless charging

Hey guys, I just got my 2015 Cla250 about a month ago. One of the first things I noticed that I didn’t like was the center console between driver and passenger. I’ve thus set out on a very painful and hard to do mission, re-vamp the center console with modern features and style, keeping it classy, to look stock almost.

Im not quite there yet , but as you can see in the attached photos I’m almost there.

Plans for the final model include - darker base mat, to match my dark interior , to have the trim around the mat match painted to match the brushed silver trims in my car, heated cooled cup holder, and of course magnetic wireless charger.

As as you can see I made this mat a little too short around the bottom, however I’ll cut it out to precisely match next time.

Before

Before

After

After

I’m still looking into options for the heated/cooled cup holder. Also I’m planning on adding 2 USB ports the sit flush somewhere on the mat, for charging non QI devices.

I should add that nothing had to be cut into or modified, I merely took the lids off both compartments.

If if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on this please feel free to open the conversation. Cheers