CLA Coupe (C117) 2014-present

CLA production numbers???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLA250 4Matic
CLA production numbers???

Does anyone know the production numbers for the CLA250 by color? I have a northern lights violet metallic CLA250 4Matic and I have yet to see another one in person. I'm wondering if anyone knows how many were produced or where I can find this info? Seems to be difficult to find...
Old 08-08-2019, 04:18 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
CLA250
Originally Posted by Merc_Guy_77
Does anyone know the production numbers for the CLA250 by color? I have a northern lights violet metallic CLA250 4Matic and I have yet to see another one in person. I'm wondering if anyone knows how many were produced or where I can find this info? Seems to be difficult to find...
I have a NLV too ... we are certainly few and far between! 8-)
Supposedly the Universe Blue units were limited to 500 so who knows maybe the NLVs had a limited run too?
And from experience and expense I can say this about touchup spray paint : go to 10 different vendors / shops and you will get 10 different NLV colors ... and NONE will match.
Good grief. ;-)
Old 08-08-2019, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLA250 4Matic
I would think there aren't too many because I can see how it would be tough to sell a purple vehicle... not everyone's cup of tea. Personally I love it but many people are afraid to go out of the box cause they think they'll hate it after a while. Every time I see my car I like it even more, I get compliments all the time!

I have yet to buy any touchup paint other than the little bottles for a small scratch or two. Hopefully I don't need more than that!
Old 08-08-2019, 10:13 PM

CLA250
Originally Posted by Merc_Guy_77
I would think there aren't too many because I can see how it would be tough to sell a purple vehicle... not everyone's cup of tea. Personally I love it but many people are afraid to go out of the box cause they think they'll hate it after a while. Every time I see my car I like it even more, I get compliments all the time!
I have yet to buy any touchup paint other than the little bottles for a small scratch or two. Hopefully I don't need more than that!
Maybe I'm kinda weird ... though I have never bought a new car unless it came with a color that wasn't common, and color factors into which cars I look at. Then the car has to look good and perform relatively well. After all I have to look at it every time I walk into the garage! 8-)
Like you ... no regrets ... and if I got a dollar for every time some stranger stalked me in a parking garage, or came right up and dragged me into some 30 minute conversation over the car, I'd have lots of pocket money. Resale doesn't really factor in as I tend to keep my cars a while.
I guess my car is my other mistress ... heh! She's just gotta be hot and can perform on all fours. >8-)
Old 10-11-2019, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 CLA
I can't say that I've seen a lot of northern lights violet cars either. It's a cool looking color but I don't imagine that they were flying off the showroom floor.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:17 AM

CLA250
well ... they are all sold ... 8-) 8-)

actually back in nov2013 i specifically hunted down that color ... just HAD to see it in person cuz most sales folks said "oh no you won't want THAT color" or "can't imagine why they came out with that color" or "violet ... say what?" etc etc

so as you can imagine finding one was tough - but i gave myself a 100 mile radius and sure enough i finally got a call one day and off i went ... had to go over to the remote lot to get it and there was just one (and of course no one wants THAT color in the showroom) but i swear the moment we drove it on the streets i felt like everyone was staring (cops included) during the good 30min drive. then after driving back onto the dealer lot, within 5 minutes of getting out and getting a cup of coffee and getting catalogs etc -- it was sold (without a test drive for that person who just walked in ... some hot shot manager at some store). good thing i wasn't gonna buy it cuz the interior color was wrong.

then i did the euro delivery in mar2014 - and i figured hey it's a benz in germany should blend right in ... NOPE. let's just say i had to learn germinglish very quickly. perhaps it was the "new model" car thing back then ... but everyone asked about the color. funny.

fast forward to 2019. drive to a local dealer to get a free battery system check (had to go cuz their coffee and bakery is killer!) so despite my usual park it in b.f.idaho i had to put her in the service drive ... right behind a lovely white s550 cabrio, and ahead of a monster green gts. the car is now 5.5yrs old. but they all crowd around the little violet baby benz with its brown interior. sales and service folks were very chatty ... "you customized it?" ... "are those custom rims?" ... "where did you get the paint job done?" stuff like that. it broke my heart to tell them aside from a piggy under the hood, everything came from the dealer order guide. 8-)

many other stalk-and-talk cases with young and old over the years ... must be a timeless color? an interesting one was a young lady stalking me through a park structure until i parked (she had a white c250 coupe) and then came up to chat and take pictures. my better half just rolls her eyes and notes it's not me it's the car ... >8-)
even at benz club gatherings same thing ... more yakking about the color ... what took the cake was "hey i didn't know the CLS came in that color?" (well i debadged so don't blame him for that mistake, heh)

guess i will be keeping this one for a while!