Transmission not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 180 2016
Transmission not working

Hello guys!

I'm rebuilding a wrecked CLA 180 2016 but I'm having issues with my transmission and doesn't makes too much sense to me due to the transmission wasn't affected in the crash

I already disabled the crash protection so the car starts,all the accessories seems to work fine but the transmission isn't working. When I try to change the gear I receive the message requesting to press the brake pedal, so I press the pedal try to shift into Neutral, Drive or Reverse but nothing happens. I know the car has communication with the transmission because if I disconnect the transmission from the wiring I start receiving multiples warnings.

Tried to check the car with Xentry Diagnostics to see if maybe there were additional codes but didn't find anything. So, tried with the "special functions" and most of them works but a couple not and returns messages like this:

Any idea what should I do?
Old 08-27-2019, 11:28 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 CLA Motorsport Edition, 2015 G550, 2012 GLK350
Does it have a faulty brake pedal switch?
Old 08-27-2019, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 180 2016
Originally Posted by polarbexar
Does it have a faulty brake pedal switch?
I don't think so because If I try to shift without pressing the pedal the message requesting pressing the pedal before trying to shift appears, and If I try to shift with the brake pedal pressed the message doesn't shows up